Chapter 4

Sicilia' POV

I stared at the door for a few minutes after Lauralile had left. I was absolutely speechless. And confused to no end. Had I bespeled him or something. But it hadn’t felt as if I was using my power. Plus my power did not work that way. I could arouse but that was the line I controlled only the purely physical. My powers did not even extent to speech. I couldn’t force people to say something they didn’t mean. “If you claim me” the words ran through my mind. What the hell was that suppose to mean?  I decided to change suddenly feeling to exposed and festive in my red dress for my confused mood. I shrugged in to a grey dress that was of the softest of fabrics. It was loose around me and was one of the few that reached to my ankles. After changing my shoos as well I headed towards the gardens with seizures in one hand. Hurriedly I cut a few white roses and tight them together with a red ribbon I had also brought with me. Mondergaum adored white roses but unfortunately they grew only in my territory. We had tried planting them in the gardens of the “Black Crow” but they simply refused to flourish there. So every time I went to visit I brought him a few to put in his bedroom. Done with that task I made my way to the front doors. Lauralile was already there all 6 feet of him. I paled as I looked at the…. scratched cheek.  The worst of all was that I wasn’t glad I had hurt him but I liked seeing my mark as he put it on his skin. And the fact that he wanted it there. I shut that mental train wreck. I was allowing possibilities that I shouldn’t even consider. When he sensed was coming his eyes immediately went to the floor but there was no weariness in his gaze. Infect he had a small pleased smile.

Lauralile’s POV

I didn’t hear her footsteps. She was as silent as a shadow when in one of her quite moods. But I still sensed her nearing me and immediately lowered my head. The first thing I saw were ash grey slippers. So she had changed from her passionate red dress. Well I regretted that but if this change in mood meant she was thinking over my words I would take it. I still wondered at the stupefaction when I had spoken about claiming . Could it be that she had never for a second considered me as a mate at least until something better came along. And if yes. Then why not ? This vampire. My mistress, filled me with so many questions. Every time I thought I new something about her it turned out I was wrong or at least not precisely right. Sicilia didn’t tell a word to me but after a few seconds started towards the couch and I followed. Acheron smiled when he saw her .

“Good evening mistress” He said politely.

“ To you to Acheron” Sicilia replied not quite with the same enthusiasm and stepped inside. Once Acheron’s eyes landed on me his smile dropped. I didn’t even blink at the obvious display of disrespect. I just kept my sombre expression as always with those who regarded me the way Acheron did and stepped in the coach myself. We sat opposite each other although the coach was quite big. Could easily fit 4 more people. But I had sited myself opposite her and I guess she thought it rude to move away. I did give her some consideration. I watched out the window as many villages and fields passed giving my mistress the opportunity to examine me without feeling uncomfortable. Just when I was about to stop feeling self conchies about her gaze on me. The coach stopped. I, planning this move the whole trip hurried out pushing the footman away to stand in his place and give her a hand to step out. She scaled at me but took my hand . I kept my head downward and waited for her to proceed me before following. Behind her I grinned like a fool and mentally patted myself on the back. With the corner of my eyes I saw the footman I had pushed look at me as if I was mentally disabled. It didn’t bother me I continued to grin all the way to the front door. Once seeing Joshua in the entry my smile fell. He greeted Sicilia kissing her on the check. I scaled at him. Sicilia looked startled but didn’t pull away. Maybe I had been to quick to decide that she didn’t currently have a lover. Though I would have sworn that Sicilia looked on Joshua as annoying and occasionally amusing but she had never been particularly affectionate with him. The mildly interested look she gave Joshua reassured me that it was probably nothing. We then proceeded in one of the big ornately decorated  parlours. Joshua took a seat while Sicilia went to check on her brother who had been to weak today to live his bed. I wanted to see him too but I didn’t want to intrude on there time together. So I took a seat opposite Joshua. He of course smirked at me. Ahh they were so many periods in my life were I had thought that if I had only a shilling for every person I saw smirking at me that way I would have more then there was in the court treasury. And as I grew older the sum I would accumulate in such a deal only got bigger.