Twenty-two

Ethan's POV

"i'm coming, i'm coming" i rubbed my eyes as i walked towards the door.

i'm so not a morning person, it was only 10:03. I had stayed up all night playing fortnite. It sounds weird but i got off of work early and it was a Friday.

I opened the door and was shocked to see who it was.

"Anna...w-what are you doing here?" I cleared my throat as i straightened up my posture.

"It's actually a long story, can i come in?"

"Shit" was all i could say once she had finished telling me what had happened. "And you're not going back to jersey? Ever?"

"No, I have nothing there" She said with a sigh. "I'm kinda glad i was a bastard baby, now i have no obligation to Nadine or Malia"

"What are you going to do now?" I asked quietly.

"I have no idea, I don't even have a home at the moment" she laughed as she got up.

"What? Why? Weren't you staying with Grayson?" I questioned as she walked over to my fridge pulling out the eggs.

"Alexis found out we slept together last year and she feels uncomfortable with me in the house so" she shrugged as she found the pan, turning the stove on. "So I was hoping that you would be so kind as to let me stay with you in your bachelor pad"

"Y-Yeah, of course" I nodded. How in the world was she so calm? If everything that had happened to her had happened to me I'd be i shambles. But she's fine, I mean look at her. She's making breakfast and humming 80s music.

Maybe this would be a good thing, if she's here all the time I could win her back somehow.

But first I had to get rid of a certain someone.

"Hey, why don't I do that and you go take a nice bath?" I walked over to her taking the spatula out of her hand.

"No, eth-"

"Yes" I insisted. "Go, I know you must be feeling tired after all of that"

"But I'm hungry and I don't trust you to make food by yourself" she looked up at me.

"Ouch, I'm a little hurt but I got this, I've lived by myself for awhile now I can do this" I said, lightly pushing her in the direction of the bathroom.

She grabbed her duffle bag before heading into the bathroom. I waited until I heard the shower turn on before rushing to my room.

"Hey, Hey, get up!" I whispered as I shook her awake.

"Mmm" she moaned. "Are those eggs I smell?" She laid on her back smiling at me with her eyes closed.

"You need to go, now!" I demanded grabbing her clothes off of the bedroom floor.

"What? Why?" She asked as I threw her clothes at her.

"Just get out!" I rushed her.

"Ugh, asshole" she scowled at me as she put on her dress.

"Yes, yes I know just get out now!" I rushed her along. I did not want Anna to see her here.

"I'm going!" She whined as I walked her out of the loft.

Shit the eggs!

Johanna's POV

Coming to stay with Ethan was one of the last things I expected to do when I got back. But when Grayson told me that Alexis knew we slept together I knew she was going to be uncomfortable with me staying there and I didn't want to stay anywhere I wasn't wanted.

And now that I know what I know I'm not as mad as I was at Ethan. Maybe now if he's up for it we can be together.

After taking a very much needed shower I dried myself off and put on Ethan's robe.

"You have great water pressure" I said as I walked out of the bathroom, towel drying my hair.

"I know, took a lot of work to get it that way" he said placing to plates on the small table.

"This looks great" I said, a little too great. Almost as if a professional had done this.

"Told you I could make breakfast" he gave me a cheeky smile.

"I'll get the forks" I said walking over to the small kitchen area.

"No wait!" He tried to stop me but I had already opened the trash can seeing the Ihop bags.

"I knew it" I laughed.

"Okay but I still got us breakfast so it counts" he took the lid from my hands putting it back on the trash can.

"I guess" I sad grabbing the forks.

••

After breakfast Ethan was called into work leaving me alone in the apartment. I changed into a tank top and some shorts before seeing if Ethan had any beer.

He does not.

I know I should be sticking to sobriety like he is but I'm okay. I'm not a dumb high schooler any more. I'm a dumb college dropout, way more responsible.

This place was kinda filthy it could use a nice wash.

After searching for his cleaning supplies, I turned on his radio blasting some Queen.

"Oh, I'm burnin' through the sky, yeah
Two hundred degrees
That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit
I'm traveling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic man out of you" I sung as I moved into Ethan's bedroom picking up his dirty laundry.

I knelt down next to his bed to see if there was anything under it. I couldn't see anything so I stuck my hand under it.

I felt something so I pulled it out and immediately dropped it.

Ew!

It was a fucking used condom.

I'm done cleaning here.

As I mopped I couldn't help but think about it though. I guess he's not open to dating me anymore.

Y'all should def read this new book.

It's pretty good, I think