12-Crash

{Peter is Tony's bio son.}

Tony had always been extra careful when it came to Peter. Keeping him out of the spotlight, making sure he grew up a normal kid, making sure either Happy or himself was around at all times in case someone found out about Peter's heritage, making sure Peter stayed safe. 

It was the most important thing he could do, keep his son safe. 

Sure Peter got a little fed up with his father's protectiveness, but he understood. After all, you'd never expect something to happen until it does. 

"You good, dude? You're looking pale," Ned points out as they board the school bus. 

The academic decathlon team is going on a field trip to a nearby museum as a reward for winning regionals.

Peter looks up, eyes a bit too wild, too far away for his friend's liking. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine."

Ned picks a seat and Peter immediately sits beside him, not even a second thought to sit anywhere else. 

"Is this a Spider-Man thing?" Ned asks, voice dropping to a theatrical whisper and leaning in closer to Peter. 

"Just Spidey-Senses tingling, you know? It's probably nothing," Peter reassures, leaning his head back against the seat. "It's probably just having Flash this close to be honest."

Ned laughs quietly, but keeps his attention on his friend who has somehow gone even more sheet white. 

"Dude... You look like you're going to be sick," Ned points out, worry lacing his voice.

"He's right. You're looking green," MJ says, sliding into the seat across from them, book in hand. 

"Shut up," Peter groans. "You talking about it is not going to make me feel any better."

This gets the two to shut up pretty quickly. MJ sticks her nose in her book and Ned turns to the window, eyebrows still creased with concern.

A few minutes later, Ned's given up on being silent, rambling about everything from Star Wars to Captain America to Spanish homework to his mom. 

Peter's just progressively feeling worse, stomach twisting in knots and hands sweating profusely. At least he's got the comfort of his web shooters heavy around his wrists. 

"Peter?" Ned suddenly says. 

The boy's eyes snap open immediately, locking with his friend's. "What? What is it?"

"You tell me. You haven't stopped fiddling with your web shooters since we got on this bus. Should we be concerned?" Ned says, wide eyes searching Peter's face for some sign.

"I don't know. My spidey-senses won't shut up. Like danger or something. It hasn't been this bad in a really long time," Peter admits, eyes welling with his tears as he sucks in a breath. He's worried, unbelievably worried. What if something's happening and he isn't there to fix it?

"Should you be calling Tony? Get him to come just in case something happens?" Ned says. 

MJ's head perks up from her book, legs tightening against her chest. "What's going to happen?"

"I don't know. Peter's sensing danger," Ned responds.

"It could be nothing, guys. For all I know it could just be warning me that Flash is going to beat me up after school," Peter says, shrugging as his eyes dart across the scenery. 

"That happens most days. What if this is something important?" Ned asks, frowning harder, obvious anxiety rolling off him in waves.

"If something happens, you've got Spider-Man sitting next to you. Do you think there's any way in hell I'd let anything happen to you?"