1-Hypothermia

Peter Parker was unbelievably excited. It's finally winter break and Tony Stark had agreed to take Peter on a trip up to Quebec to go skiing.

May was going to see her extended family out in Italy and the two of them were going to meet up again just a few days before Christmas back home.

So on the way to Quebec, Peter was practically bouncing off the walls.

When they finally arrive at the hills a few hours later, Peter bundles himself up. A heavy winter jacket, on brand, courtesy of Tony Stark. A tuque covering his curls, cute little red mittens, and Spider-Man themed skis.

*

Peter was great at skiing.

No one really expected any different. I mean, what can't he do?

But he was really good, and before long, he had moved up to the more difficult ski hills with Tony, who was good too, but not as good.

"Race you to the bottom!" Peter shrieks, immediately pushing off down the hill. His spidey-sense is probably an unfair advantage at this point, avoiding trees and roots under the grass. But Tony had more experience and was better at distributing his weight.

Soon, Tony was flying past Peter, grinning wildly at his kid.

The scenery flies by in shades of white, green, and brown, as he pushes himself faster. Faster.

And then a scream echoes through the air.

Peter stumbles, skis pulling in the wrong direction, falling forward.

Blood. His hands are bleeding from where he caught himself on the tree, bark cutting into his palms.

Tony's already stopped, more gracefully than Peter could've hoped for himself, and staring up at Peter.

The younger hero, rips off his skis and starts running through the snow in his socks.

The cold nips at his toes and cheeks as he runs, but only one thought hits him. He's gotta save them. Whoever's in trouble, he's gotta save them. No matter what.

It takes a few minutes, but he finally finds the source of the scream.

There's a big, circular lake, probably the size of a soccer field. It's covered in what appears to be thick ice from the Canadian winter.

2 adults stand off to the side, tears flooding down both their faces. The woman is shaking, not wearing a jacket, blonde hair pulled back in a tight bun, little tendrils curling down her rosy cheeks. She sees me first.

She tugs on her husband's sleeve who waves me over. He's got ginger hair, a mustache, looking kind of like a friendly lumberjack.

The real issue is when Peter catches sight of the two other people in the area.

Children. Probably 10 years old and 6 years old by the looks of it. In the center of the lake.

Ice cracking beneath their feet.

"My babies!" the woman wails when Peter reaches them. "They can't move or the ice will crack. You've gotta save my babies!"

"Calm down, Lydia. Take a deep breath. They'll be perfectly fine. I promise," the man reassures. He turns to Peter. "Is there anyway you can get across and get them to safety? We'd be too heavy and break the ice."

He nods quickly, but then Tony stumbles into the scene. "No. There's no way in hell- Peter, listen. We've gotta call for help. You know you can't handle the cold like that."

"There's no time. I can do this. I can't just leave them there," the younger says. "I know what I'm doing, Mister Stark. I swear."

Tony lifts his eyes to the sky, snow falling lightly around them and sighs. "I hate you, you know that?"