5-Restraints

Tony was having a regular day until it happened.

Him and Steve had made up a while back from civil war and all the avengers were staying at the new, barely used, avengers compound. Other than Thor who was still busy out in Asgard, Bucky who was out in town for the day, and Clint and Scott who were home with family.

They were all lounging in the living room, watching movies, eating snacks, and talking about everything from little to big when suddenly Friday spoke up.

"Boss... You have what they said was a gift waiting out front," she says, somehow sounding worried.

"Who's they?" Tony asks, bringing himself to his feet, the others glance between him and the ceiling, obviously worried. It could be a bomb for all they know.

"Running a facial scan... They appear to all be members of Hydra according to their badges. No facial recognition from the system."

"Scan the gift, Fri. Is it a bomb?"

There's a few seconds of tense silence.

"I've run a facial scan and-"

"Facial?" Tony exclaims, looking up.

"Yes. It's hard to be certain, but I believe it is Peter Parker. Age 17. Went missing when he was 12 years old. From Queens, New York. No living relatives," Friday informs.

"Shit," Tony exclaims, immediately racing for the doors, avengers on his heels.

It's a pretty horrifying sight.

Lying on the front porch is Peter Parker. Gagged, wrists and ankles in big shackles, thick ropes tying his arms to the rest of his body, a blindfold over his eyes, and a thick metal band around his neck. All the visible skin is torn, bleeding, bruised, or charred.

"Holy shit," Tony repeats, hands beginning to shake at his sides. He doesn't even know where to start.

"Is that vibranium?" Steve demands, standing up at Tony's side as his eyes dart over the boy's still figure.

"What do we do? Shit. Steve?" Tony says, eyes wide and scared.

"Let's wake him up, get him inside. We'll figure it out once we figure out what's happened," Steve instructs.

"Do we trust him? He's apart of Hydra?" Natasha says, unsure but obviously sympathetic.

"Look at him... he's tied up. He looks hurt. Badly. This isn't his fault. Even if he's brainwashed, this isn't on him. We have to take care of him," Steve says, obviously seeing Bucky in the poor kid.

Tony kneels beside the kid and carefully rests a hand on his shoulder.

"Peter?"

The kid's body tenses up impossibly beneath Tony's hand and he flinches away making some gurgling noise through the gag.

Tony's eyes widen further, tugging the gag and blindfold off the kid as quickly as he can, knowing all the other restraints will be much harder to deal with.

"Kid? Peter? I'm Tony. Tony Stark. We're going to take care of you, Okay?" Tony says, feeling something deep inside him shatter at the kid's big, innocent brown eyes behind the blindfold.