8-Parties

Okay I've seen this oneshot idea used a lot, but hopefully I put enough of my own spin on it that it's not the same as the others idc the last one took so long so I've gotta write something lmao

Tony hadn't thought it would be a good idea to take Peter to the party with a lot of big business owners. Peter had barely thought it would be a good idea either, but both were too stubborn to admit their worries, locking them up inside their minds to let the anxieties brew. A bad trait passed from one to the other.

Tony hadn't never wanted to ruin Peter's innocent childhood by exposing him to the press, so he kept his child out of the limelight. Calling him an intern once he was old enough to pull off a teenager, once people started to notice them hanging out in public. Keeping bodyguards close whenever he took his kid out.

But now Peter's 16 and deserves to see more into his Dad's career. He's always been shielded and now that the world knows him as Tony's intern, there was no reason he couldn't attend the party.

So Peter got dressed up in a t-shirt with a science pun, a nice, fitting jacket overtop, tighter than his normal blue jeans, vans, and his messy curls partially tucked underneath a hat. He looked less professional than he probably should've, but it's not as though he just had a suit lying around like his dad does.

Maybe Peter should've prepared more for the outcomes of the night, but he had been too busy catching up on some of his Calculus homework to even begin to think of the possibilities.

The teenager slipped into the backseat of the slick car beside his dad, Happy in the front. Pepper never came to these events. She was never the public face despite all she did for the company.

His dad sends him a smile, rolling his eyes. "I thought you were going to dress up."

"This is dressed up! I don't know what you expected," Peter retorts, rolling his eyes right back. He knows they'll have to entirely cut back on the easy banter once they're in the public eye, so they might as well get it out of the system while they're driving to the party.

"This is casual wear, Pete. You just put on a jacket," Tony says, tugging teasingly on the light fabric around his kid's shoulders.

"These are also nicer jeans," Peter says jokingly, though there's a hint of pride shining through in his father's eyes.

"You ready for this?"

"Course I am," Peter says, though his knee won't stop jittering.

"You can back out at any time, kid. You know that. Say the word and Happy will take you straight home," Tony says, carefully looking over the kid for any signs other than his leg. Glad to find none.

"I think I'm ready. I want to do this. People might start to pry more if they don't see me in the public eye at least once and we don't want people to find out more than they have to. Just don't be a dad."

"What?" Tony gasps, looking offended. "Are you questioning my acting abilities?"

"Yes. One hundred percent yes."

Tony doesn't even realize what he's doing as he pushes one of Peter's stray curls back into place and fixes his hat.

Peter hits his dad's hand out of the way. "I told you! You can't do that."

Tony simply rolls his eyes in response.

*

They went over the rules a few more times on the way to the venue. Call for help if you need anything, don't talk to people who make you uncomfortable, don't take your eyes off your drinks, no drinking alcohol, be wary because people could want to take advantage, don't stray too far from the center, make sure you know where there Tony and Happy are at all times, etc etc etc.