11-Stranded

(Hey sorry about the delay. I've been sick and had homework to catch up on but winter break just started for me so hopefully I'll be able to catch up soon!!) 

Peter was so excited to be going on a trip with Mister Stark. May was visiting relatives in Italy, but didn't have the money to take Peter. So the kid decided to bug Tony who was being forced to fly, on a public plane, to southern Florida for meetings.

Unfortunately, it wasn't as easy as it sounds to take the kid anywhere. Stupid Parker luck.

*

Peter is bouncing in his seat, eyes wide with excitement, looking around the first class section with awe. There's not many others there, just a few business men and woman working on laptops or sleeping.

"Chill, kid. This your first time on a plane?" Tony asks, rolling his eyes and buckling his seatbelt.

"Yes! I was supposed to go a couple years ago but then the Oscorp thing happened and I had to skip the field trip thing. So yeah. First time," Peter explains, blushing softly at the intense stare from his mentor.

"Alright, kiddo. Well it's going to get pretty loud and freaky when we take off so I've got your sensory overload kit in my carry on for when we start moving plus I've got some snacks and some other foods in my backpack for the long trip. You can order whatever you want to my tab. You've got a full collection of movies on your tablet and you've got all your homework in your backpack if you're up for it," Tony explains, shuffling through his carry on at his feet and pulling out the sensory overload kit for specialized headphones and sunglasses to stop the sensory overload before it happens.

"Thanks, Mister Stark!" Peter grins in response, excited to e spending the weekends with his mentor.

*

The first half of the plane ride goes perfectly fine. Peter and Tony had watched a movie, and now the kid has fallen asleep, finally falling from his excitement high.

The beginning of the second half is where problems arise.

"Attention passengers! Attention! This is your captain speaking. There has been some unexpected bad weather on Route and I don't believe it is safe to continue flying. We will be making an emergency stop at the next airport until the weather tides over. All tickets will be refunded or exchangeable if you wish to not wait. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but your safety is our number one priority. Thank you for understanding," a man says over the intercoms.

Peter's eyes widen and he sits up, fingers curling into small fists.

Tony immediately puts a hand over Peter's, unclencing his hands so he doesn't hurt himself.

"It's fine, Petey. This sort of thing happens all the time. Probably a blizzard or something. I'm sure the planes will be up and running in the morning," Tony reassures, letting the kid curl his fingers around Tony's.

"I just... My parents-" the words are too soft, too heavy coming out of the teenager. 

"Hey, we're going to be fine. I swear. I wouldn't have taken you if I didn't think it was safe. We'll get a hotel room and eat some takeout and sleep and in the morning we'll hop on a plane either going back home or continuing to Florida. It's going to fine," Tony reassures again, squeezing his kid's hand.

Peter nods, offering a small, tight smile in return. 

Turns out, it wasn't quite so simple. 

The airport they were stopping at was a small airport in Virginia. The Newport News-Williamsburg International Airport. No hotel in the building and very few places for food and drinks. Small. Dense. Freaky in a way an airport is.