Chapter 7

"Breaking news - Yuuki Ameyono, has disappeared. Miss Ameyono was one of the nine girls who went missing last week, and one of the five who were found out of those nine girls. Witnesses say that they saw her getting kidnapped by another girl, but experts claim that this is highly unlikely," Ayame watched, as a clip showed, of a brown-haired girl, getting caught and binded, by a pair of glowing white whips,"Apparently, the two were in a fight, but Yuuki's opponent got the upper hand. No-one knows what happened to either of the two girls, but the family of Yuuki Ameyono have reported that Yuuki never came back home after that day, when she set off for school."

Ayame frowned. Yuuki went to her school, but she didn't know she was a magical girl. A growing feeling of dread coiled in her stomach, as she realised how the girls that went missing were magical girls. What could that mean?

Emiria scowled at the police officer.

"I said I have no idea what on earth happened and I mean it," She repeated, "Just because you don't believe me doesn't mean I'm telling lies!" The officer sighed.

"Of course I believe you," She replied, "We just want to get as many of the facts as possible. It is quite dangerous, especially if there is an attacker on the loose." Emiria shrugged. Even if there was some serial killer on the loose - well, she was a magical girl, she could fight off anything.

"I suppose you can go now," The police officer finally conceded, "But if you ever remember anything at all, please tell us." Emiria nodded, itching for someone to call her parents and send her home.

"We'll have someone take you home." The officer said, reaching for a phone. Emiria groaned inwardly. More interrogation time. 

"Did you hear about how Yuuki disappeared?" Kirika asked Oriko. Oriko nodded.

"It seems to me that it has started," She began, "Magical girls are disappearing. I wonder if Yuuki is the first. Do you know where the other one, Miku Osunaga is?" Kirika shook her head.

"I thought she lived in Kazamino City or something," Kirika replied, "She wasn't on the news as a missing person." Oriko nodded slowly.

"I suppose then we should go and look at the latest news from Kazamino City." 

"She has gone missing." Kirika said bluntly, as she stared at a newspaper from Kazamino City. The two had caught a bus to the city, buying a newspaper, and scouring it for missing people. Oriko looked over at the newspaper. A black and white picture of the pale-haired girl smiled up at its readers, a 'missing' label over her head.

"Miku Osunaga, was reported missing early last week, but found again. She has now disappeared since the day before yesterday," Kirika read, "When was Yuuki caught?" Oriko thought back.

"Yesterday, I think," She replied, "You don't think it coincides with Miku's date do you?" Kirika shrugged.

"Why are we getting involced in this anyway? We can take care of ourselves, there are two of us, and one single magical girl can't take us down." Oriko hesitated. Kirika had a point. Her goal was to kill Madoka Kaname, and prevent her from becoming the strongest witch alive. Maybe she shouldn't be too nosy. Just let everything unfold, and kill Madoka when you can.

"You're right," Oriko told Kirika, "We probably should not be so nosy. Let's just stay aware while we can."