Chapter 17

Walpurgisnacht comes tomorrow.

The phrase repeated itself in Madoka's head. She couldn't make any sense of the vision she had seen. She didn't know what to do.

"Miss Kaname!" The teacher shouted, knocking Madoka out of her thoughts, "I am trying to teach you something important here! Now, back to the lesson. Girls, never date guys who are picky and try to make you submit to their will. Boys, never try to be submissive and dominating to a girl. If any of you do, I will give you detention for a year! Is that clear?"

The whole class mumbled their 'yes's as they began to pack their bags. Madoka did as well, instinctively, her mind going once again, its endless cycles of whether or not to contract.

As she stood up to leave, Hitomi approached her.

"Madoka, are you okay?" Madoka looked up to see Hitomi's concerned green eyes.

"I'm fine, Hitomi." Hitomi didn't look convinced.

"Are you sure?" She asked, "You don't seem like yourself today. You even sent a boy to the girls' bathrooms instead of the nurse's office."

Madoka winced at the memory. The boy had been too preoccupied with his nose bleed, and had walked straight in.

Hitomi continued.

"Just let me know if anything's wrong. There is still the two of us." Madoka nodded hesitantly.

"Of course," She replied. Hitomi nodded as well.

"Please excuse me, I have to go now. I have a date with Kyousuke." Her eyes lit up as she told Madoka the last part.

Madoka forced a smile. Kyousuke only reminded her about Sayaka.

"I'll see you later," She waved at Hitomi.

"Goodbye!" Hitomi waved as she walked off.

"Madoka," Kyubey's voice sang in her head, "Have you thought of your wish?"

Madoka looked down as she walked down the street. Kyubey was there, trotting alongside her cheerfully, his fluffy tail waving in the air.

"Um, not really," Madoka admitted sheepishly, "I just don't know what to wish for. There's nothing I really need to wish for right now."

"Well, you have to hurry," Kyubey informed Madoka, "Walpurgisnacht comes tomorrow."

"Something's wrong," Jyuubey's voice had a frown to it. Lyubey looked at the black and white incubator across the room.

"What's wrong?" She asked, pressing a final button, before walking over to where Jyuubey pressed furiously at the keyboard in front of him.

"The energy levels are going very unstable," Jyuubey said. "If this keeps going-" A red button flashed on his keyboard, which he pressed immediately.

"Call Kyubey," He ordered Lyubey. "We need him here right now!"

Lyubey had the sense not to ask Jyuubey what was going on. She leapt to the middle of the room, where she began sending her thoughts to Kyubey.

Kyubey, you have to come back to the laboratory. There's an emergency.

Kyubey stopped mid-sentence, hearing Lyubey's call.

"I have to go now," he told a bewildered Madoka. "Don't forget to think of a wish."

Running into the shadows, he disappeared, leaving Madoka standing there, confused.

"What's wrong?" Kyubey walked into the control room.

"We have to stabilise the energy levels," Jyubey told him. "Otherwise, the magical girls in there will escape."

As he spoke, an alarm blared, resounding through the whole building.

"It's too late!" Jyuubey began tapping at more keys. "We have to start setting up barriers, to recapture the magical girls."

Yes! And it works finally! Now I can go back to updating. Don't worry everyone, I was busy typing up the story somewhere else, then just copy pasted once it was fixed. Thank you for reading!