| eleven: socialite

Start from the beginning

Kira Yukimura 6

Malia Hale 4

Liam Dunbar 3

Jessica McCall 2

The whole thing frightened me. Scott and Lydia were worth the most which meant they could be in the most danger. Then again, with Liam, Kira, Malia and I worth a few million, people could wipe us out for easy money in no time. After memorising my friends prices, I made sure to note down any names that belonged to people I knew. People like Brett and Lindy; who were both worth one million, along with Deputy Parrish and Kira's mom; the two of them at a high five million.

The next thing Scott had talked over with me, was Liam. He was more brotherly about it rather than anything, because he said things from "I'm glad you were with him that day" to "Are you two a thing?". Unfortunately, most of the questions he asked ended with a big fat no. I'm not his girlfriend, he's not my boyfriend, and we are certainly not each others.

Yet.

The nightmares still lurked inside of my head as I lay in bed, half asleep and half awake. I'm having the exact same one of Liam over and over again. I just can't get it out of my head. The words he had said constantly ran through my mind, but I could never seem to figure them out. 'I had to do it'.

I yawned for the umpteenth time in the past hour, but brushed off how tired I was. Instead, I kept my mind busy by looking through several sites that I never payed much attention to anymore. I went from Tumblr, to YouTube, to Instagram and finally to Facebook. The more I scrolled through my wall on Facebook, the more I wanted to slam a dictionary in peoples faces. Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. From Vines to relationships, Facebook was becoming very boring. But then my heart seemed to jump.

I had almost passed it, but luckily I knew what his stupid, dreamy, ditcher face looked like. It was a photo of Liam beside his very best friend, Mason. The two of them looked like absolute dorks, which made an inhuman laugh escape me. Mason was to the left, doing a 'west side' hand gesture while his face looked like he had just witnessed someone give birth. Liam was to Mason's right, and it was obvious he was the one taking the photo due to his awkward lean in towards Mason. Liam did the duck lips, looking more cute and idiotic each second. I couldn't contain the laughter, and I had no idea why I found it so funny. I mean, sure... it's just a photo, but it could literally be the cause of my death. Which gives me an idea...

I checked the time quickly, noting down in my head that it was 10:49pm, before opening my contacts to find Liam's name.

'To:Liam

I'm deciding whether or not to have this shown at my funeral.'

I wrote down the text, pressed send and attached another message of the photo I had just seen. Hell, I'm keeping this on my phone until the day I do die.

I waited a good ten minutes for him to reply. I'm the kind of person who needs to talk to someone, otherwise I'll be forever worried, so I decided that instead of waiting for him to text back, I'll just talk to him on Facebook. Or, should I say Messenger, since you're practically forced to install that now, just to talk to someone. Pathetic.

Like I had suspected, Liam was online. I took this as the chance to talk to him, even though I was still nervous to speak anything to him. Feelings are so complicated.

'Do you ever reply?'

Then came the annoying part. After a long time of me just staring at my phone, it became clear he wasn't replying. So, when the 'Seen at 11:03am' showed up, I was feeling very ignored. It had been another twenty minutes since I had sent it, and I became convinced that Liam really was ignoring me. Honestly, I ignore people all the time, but when it comes to Liam... I'm starting to freak out.