| fifteen: trauma

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
Trauma
⠀⠀⠀⠀    

Liam's words fucked me so hard in the face that I almost choked. Hell, I don't even think he meant it. I guess the both of us were just caught up in the moment. I would've liked to say it back, but it just felt wrong to.

So I kept my mouth shut.

The few days that have passed since then were both heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. Scott was right about me not wanting to leave Liam, but I eventually had to since I wanted to see everyone else. Scott knew something had to of happened to me the other night, so I told him. Of course, I left out the part where I was in the warehouse and the she-devil had me at gunpoint while we were on the phone with Liam. That would've freaked him out just as much, so I didn't bother with it. I just hope that the she-devil is somewhere far away from Beacon, and that she won't hurt anyone else.

I saw Stiles earlier today and the first thing I did was punch him in the chest - hard. But then he started telling me about how he and Malia stopped the dead pool, so I threw my arms around him like a spaz and hugged him tight. I missed him. I missed everyone. Before Scott was first bitten last year, I was always close with him and Stiles. Believe it or not, they actually weren't my best friends at the time like they are now. I had friends my age, but they soon drifted off after I stuck around Stiles and Scott because of the bite. The two of them, including Allison, Lydia and Isaac were always so busy with the supernatural that they rarely had time for a normal life. I never believed how hard it was for them until now. I trust myself in knowing that my friends will keep me safe, and I'll do the same to them, but I can't help thinking of how Liam and I were just thrown into it. Two freshmans, one boy and one girl, totally in like with each other and somehow connected to one another. It was confusing, unbelievable and just as hard to explain. What a drag.

"So..." I started speaking into my phone as I threw myself onto my bed. "How are you and Brett?"

"Better, I guess." Lindy sighed from her end and I could hear the annoyance in her voice.

Yeah, I know, Lindy and I talking on the phone to each other was something I did not expect to do a few weeks ago. But ever since the night of the blondes, Lindy and I have called each other to see how we're holding up. I tried asking her as much questions about me and Liam being connected, while she tried asking questions on how she can get Brett to notice her. Unfortunately, both of us weren't so eager to answer any of them.

"That's good, I guess." I closed my eyes, feeling tired already. "Did you study for the History test tomorrow?"

"History test? Yeah right, I have more important things to deal with." Lindy scoffed and I just laughed. Yeah, I know how that feels.

I was about to ask another round of pointless questions until a soft knock at my door brought me to it's attention. "Hold on." I mumbled into the phone and I slowly began picking myself up from the bed. I lazily slumped over to the door, my eyes trailing to my study desk that had only one photo on it. The photo was the one Liam had given me a few weeks ago, and I laughed at the memory of our almost kiss that weekend. I shook away my thoughts and opened the door with no enthusiasm, and was greeted with a bright smile from Scott.

"Hey." He said cheerfully which made me smile along with him.

"Hey, Scotty." I winked at him and he flushed with embarrassment at the name. "What's up?"

I used one hand to cover my phone so Lindy wouldn't snoop on the conversation and I leaned against the doorway as Scott began squirming on the spot. He held his motorcycle helmet in one hand along with a bag that was slung around his shoulder. He was obviously going somewhere.