| eleven: socialite

CHAPTER ELEVEN
Socialite
⠀⠀⠀⠀  

I got the answers I wanted. All the necessary ones anyway. Tonight was the night Scott finally found the need to tell me everything. Something clicked inside him apparently, and now he was more than willing to let his little sister in on the big facts. He said I deserve to know the truth whether it will terrify me or not. And it did terrify me. Each and every word created a hole inside me that felt like it could only be filled with normalcy. There's not a day in Beacon Hills where my friends don't get a break, and since I'm apart of the supernaturals now, I guess I'll have no choice but to feel that way too.

The first thing Scott had answered was my questions about Lindy. I hadn't been on the clearest terms about why she showed up at school, where she is now or if she's a werewolf. Scott had started with the school first, so I was beyond confused when he mentioned how she knew the quarantine was going to happen.

So let me order it like this. First of all, Lindy is a werewolf, but it doesn't stop there. Scott and Stiles believe she's got the psychic ability of a Banshee, but Lindy didn't hang around long enough for them to get answers. All they do know is that she showed up in the Hale vault with them only to 'save' them from hurting themselves. A lot that did, considering she had become infected as well. After my little encounter with her and Scott in the hallway, she bailed after Scott had told her that Satomi - her Alpha - was at the hospital. Nobody's seen her, Satomi or Brett since then. No one knows if they're okay, or if there are anymore pack members of theirs. All I can tell is that Lindy's probably losing her mind after her sisters death. I'd do the same if that were to ever happen to Scott.

The second thing I learned is what happened during the quarantine. Stiles had figured that keeping Scott, Kira and Malia in the Hale vault will help to 'quarantine them from the quarantine'. To shorten the story, the quarantine was caused by an assassin working for the school by the name of Simon. The guy was a psychotic genius since he was able to weaponise an old disease that use to spread within the canine species. During his attempt of finding Scott and the others for 'visual conformation', Stiles had run into him and... well, my father saved Stiles' life by putting a bullet in Simon's head. I am undeniably grateful for that, so I'm more than glad that dad had kept to his word of saving my friends. If dad hadn't saved Stiles, then the others may have died along with him. The extra downside to that night, was Malia finding out she's Peter's daughter. I say that it's bad because she had to find out in the most insignificant way, which led to her and Stiles having a fall down.

Thirdly, came the talk I wasn't to intent on being apart of. But, since it was about me I had no choice but to listen in on Scott's conversation. He started off with my 'special abilities' and went through them with me. I mentioned how I had done the whole 'shockwave' thing again at the hospital tonight, but he was more concerned about my ability to read Lindy's mind the night of the scrimmage. The thing is, I don't feel like I was the one able to do that. After all, Scott and Stiles had said they believe she's got the psychic ability of a Banshee. Maybe she has the power to let people see her past.

One other conversation Scott seemed desperate to clear up, was the dead pool. He talked about everything from prices, to how many are already dead. I hadn't had a clue just how many supernaturals were in Beacon Hills, but now it seems like this town really is a 'beacon' thanks to the Nemeton. In total, more than enough people are dead, and I'm not looking forward to any more being added to it. The prices were something of a problem to me, but I wasn't to concerned for how much I was worth. I made sure to remember just how much my friends were worth, because they are the most likely to be killed for extra profit.

Scott McCall 25

Lydia Martin 20

Derek Hale 15