Chapter 15

Julie's appointment wasn't until early afternoon, but she and Harry had gotten up early to do everything they could to calm her stomach before they had to leave for the doctors office. Harry looked over at the passenger seat and could tell she was concentrating on keeping her nausea at bay. She had sipped on ginger ale, ginger tea, and water all morning. Harry had given her crackers, made her some toast, and scrambled eggs. She ate some, which was better than nothing, but her morning sickness, so far, was not relegated to just the mornings. He knew it had only been a couple of days, but she was sick all the time. "Hey, love. We're almost there, how you holding up?"

Julie glanced over at him and grimaced. "Managing. I just need to get out of the car soon." Julie looked down at her lap again. She couldn't look out the window because the scenery flying by did nothing but cause her stomach to feel worse.

"A couple more minutes, love." Harry was feeling quite anxious now that they were almost there. He had tried to remain calm for Julie, but now he didn't know what to expect. He had annoyed Julie enough this morning with questions. She had finally told him to back off because she didn't have the answers. She had told him it's not like she'd been pregnant before and could walk him through everything. He may or may not have had the bathroom door slammed in his face. He suppressed a chuckle at the thought.

Harry parked the car in the back of the clinic, and they made their way to the employee entrance. Julie had called when they arrived, and someone was meeting them at the back door. They would be taken to an exam room immediately. He was extremely grateful that all of her doctors were more than willing to work with them to keep their privacy. He didn't want her to have to change the doctors who she was comfortable with because of him. He greeted the receptionist with a handshake and wrapped his arm around Julie's waist to help her to the room. Since they'd left the car, she had become pretty pale.

The receptionist must have noticed as well, because she showed Julie to the bathroom before she took him a couple of doors down to the exam room. He thanked the woman and then sat down. A few seconds later, he hopped up from the chair and started pacing the room. No matter how much he thought he was good with this, the anxious nerves kept coming back. He wasn't sure what to expect, and he hated the fact that he had no way to help ease her nausea. He looked at the door when it opened and Julie walked in. "You ok?"

Julie shrugged. "It's nothing new. They had me pee in a cup again and said they will come in and talk to me in a few minutes." Julie climbed up onto the exam table. "Best thing about being with you is everything is extremely fast and everyone is very accommodating."

"Best thing, huh?" Harry asked amused.

"Right now, yes. Because I'm still mad at you for doing this to me." Julie shrugged her shoulders at him.

"I know. I'll be paying for it for the rest of my life." Harry walked over to her and stood in front of her.

"I swear if 'Kiwi' starts playing, I'm leaving." Julie joked, referring to the line 'I'm gonna pay for this'.

"I did kind of foresee this, somewhat when I wrote that song, huh?" Harry chuckled.

"No, cuz I still say it's entirely your business and entirely your fault." Julie rested the top of her head on his chest when he rubbed over her back. He felt her smile into his chest. They both knew it wasn't 'entirely his fault', but Harry understood Julie's emotions were running high with all the hormones coursing through her.

"I accept full responsibility." Harry said quietly as he kissed her head.

"Good." Julie replied as she heard a soft knock and the door open. She said hello to Dr. Milburn and introduced her to Harry. Julie had been seeing Dr. Milburn since she'd moved to LA.