Chapter 9

Harry wasn't even sure what time it was when he heard the door shut.  He had fallen asleep on the couch waiting for Julie to come home, although he wasn't sure she would come there or go to Niall's.  He sat up and looked at the door.  She threw her keys on the counter and set her bag on the stool.  He was trying to read her before he said anything.  He sighed as he stood up.  "I wasn't sure you'd be coming home."

"Yeah, well, Amanda didn't give me much of a choice.  Apparently, I'm not capable of making my own decisions either."  Julie angrily addressed Harry before grabbing her bag.  She really wasn't up for a confrontation right now.  Even though she inevitably knew it would happen.

Well, she was using Amanda, that in itself made him aware she wasn't happy.  And her tone was another good indication she wasn't thrilled with him.  Harry watched her walk towards the stairs.  "We should talk about it."

"What's there to talk about?  We both know exactly why you came.  Funny how you had such important meetings you couldn't cancel before, and now that you think I'm fucking around with Marcus, at his Grandmother's funeral, none-the-less, those meetings aren't quite as important."  Julie somehow managed not to scream those words at him, but the tone definitely got the meaning across.

Harry walked towards the stairs and was about to say something when she turned and literally stomped up the stairs.  "Oh, for fucks sake."  He said quietly as he threw his head back.  There were very few times in their relationship that he'd really seen her angry.  Especially directed at him.  As sassy, sarcastic, and mouthy she was, he hadn't really seen her use anger.  He'd gotten a tongue lashing a couple of times.  A frustrated voice raise, been told he was acting like an idiot more than once, but never true, uncontrolled anger.  He imagined why.  She saw anger so much that losing control of herself probably wasn't something she wanted to do or see. He wasn't quite sure that streak was going to last though.  He made his way up the stairs to see her shoving some things in her bag.  "What are you doing?"  He asked as he watched her go to the closet and pull out her black dress.  "Where are you going?"

"Spare room."  She said simply as she picked up her bag and put it over her shoulder.  "If no one will let me make a decision about which house I'm going to stay at, I'm staying in the spare room."

"Why?  Come on, baby."  Harry whined.

"Right now is not a good time to be calling me 'baby'."  Julie walked out the door and turned down the hallway to the spare room.  She opened the door, turned on the light, and threw her bag on the bed.  She hung her dress on the back of the door as Harry followed her to the room.  "Harry, I don't want to talk to you right now."

Harry leaned in the doorway and crossed his arms.  "So that's just it.  You're going to come in here and just pretend I'm not here."

"You're not supposed to be here."  Julie turned to him and crossed her arms.  "You're supposed to be at home.  The UK home, doing work while I'm here supporting a friend.  And it's not like I even went alone."

"You were looking pretty comfortable, in that gazebo, ALONE with a guy that would jump to be with you if he could."  Harry stated firmly.

Julie shook her head exasperated.  "You don't even know what you're talking about."

"I sure do.  I saw it.  Sitting close, hand on your face, looking into your eyes."  Harry took a step into the room, his whole body a tense spring.  "Pretty sure I can see."

"If you didn't hear me the first time, we were talking about how much I love you.  So, you think I'm going to talk about how much I love you, and then what?  Fuck the guy in the back of the funeral home while his Grandmother's funeral is happening inside?"  Julie turned away to get something to sleep in out of her bag.  "That's rich, Harry."