Chapter 41

Late the next morning, Julie pulled up to Niall and Amanda's house with Grace. She had agreed pick up Amanda's meds from the pharmacy for her and drop by for a visit. Sort of pay -back for when Amanda did her that solid when she first found out she was pregnant. Everyone at the hospital loved seeing Grace, and Grace definitely didn't mind the attention. Julie was going to have her hands full, a baby just like her father. She put the meds into the diaper bag, the diaper bag over her shoulder, and then grabbed the car seat that contained Grace out of the back. Her hands were quite full every time she came out with Grace.

Julie walked up to the door and rang the bell as she switched Grace from one hand to the other. She smiled when Amanda opened the door. "I come bearing gifts." She stepped inside as Amanda slid the diaper bag from her shoulder and carried it down the steps for her.

"You brought my favorite gift." Amanda grabbed the diaper bag and leaned down to Grace. "Huh? You're Auntie Panda's favorite."

"Geez, have a baby and everyone forgets all about you." Julie grumbled as she walked over and set Grace down on the couch.

Amanda laughed. "Not completely, but yeah, sorry."

Julie shook her head as she started to unbuckle Grace. "Your meds are in the diaper bag. I'm going to change her and wash her up quick. She spent quite a bit of time loving up everyone at the hospital. I just want to make sure she's completely clean."

Amanda nodded and grabbed her meds from the bag. "Thanks for this. Figured you owed me since you wished this morning sickness shit on me. Cursed me like a terrible friend."

"I didn't knock you up. And I've been told by you multiple times, no matter how much I write it down, or wish it into existence, that doesn't actually make it come true." Julie replied as she picked Grace up from the carrier. Her friends had told her that over and over again when it came to Johnny and her writing. When he tried to use her writing a better life, meeting a celebrity and then whisking her away in court and when she wished him dead, and couldn't get past that when he actually got himself killed.

"Yeah, yeah. Still would have been nice if you could have gone along with the, 'I'm so happy you don't have any morning sickness at all bestie' attitude." Amanda countered as she walked with Julie to the bathroom.

"I don't even consider your ten minutes of queasiness a day morning sickness." Julie advised as she grabbed a cloth and waited for the warm water to wash Grace off with. "Your complaints are not computing over here." She set the cloth down and grabbed a towel to dry Grace's hands and face. She could tell Amanda was itching to get her hands on the baby. "You can have her, but then you have to change her diaper."

"Like I care!" Amanda exclaimed. "Gimme that perfect little thing!" She smiled widely and took Grace, holding her up while supporting her head, laughing into Grace's surprised face. "Come on my favorite. Who needs that mean old mommy anyway." She brought her down to her and nuzzled her neck. "You are so flipping cute! I could just eat you up!" She walked her over to the changing table and laid her down.

"I'll make a bottle. I'm surprised she's not raising holy hell already. Be prepared though; screams of terror may happen if you don't change her fast enough." Julie said as she walked towards the kitchen to warm some water.

"Not from this innocent little thing. She's the perfect little Angel. I know it." Amanda tickled her little tummy. "I can't believe she's six weeks old already. How does time go so fast? I swear you just had her." And as she completed her sentence, Amanda watched as it began. The fists were made, the face turned red, the eyes squinted, the lip quivered, and then, before she could fully close the diaper, the wails started. "Ok, ok. Mommy knows best. I'm sorry. I'm hurrying."