Chapter 8

The next afternoon, Julie walked into Niall and Amanda's house and dropped her keys in the bowl by the door. She looked around and realized that they must not be back home yet. Everything was still quiet. She knew they were due back today, but Panda hadn't been sure when exactly they would arrive. Julie took a deep breath and let it out slowly. She'd never really called this place home. Probably for another stupid fear that she'd made up in her head, but it had been her home for the past few years. And now, it wasn't. Harry's home would be hers. Her home. She shook her head and went to her room. She had a couple of hours before she was set to meet Marcus.

The last time Julie had spoken with him, Marcus had been grateful that Panda wanting to come show her support. So, if Panda got back in time, they would go together. If not, Julie would go, and Panda would meet her later. Julie dropped her bag on the floor and crawled onto her bed. She was exhausted. She had slept on the plane some, but she wasn't one who could sleep well while flying or riding in a car for that matter. She set her alarm and closed her eyes. A nap wouldn't be a bad thing. Having to deal with the deep emotions that would occur later, she would need her rest.

Julie woke with a start when she felt someone jump on her. "Damn it, Panda."

Amanda laughed and lay beside Julie. "Hi, JJ!" She wrapped her arms around Julie. "I've missed you ssssssssssssoooooooo much!"

Julie shook her head but couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her. "I've missed you, too, Mrs. Busybody. Always on the go."

Amanda shook her head this time. "Please, you've been on the go almost as much as I have." She leaned her head against Julie's. "So, that house is amazing. Have I mentioned that?"

"A few times, actually. But I agree. It's pretty great." Julie closed her eyes as she rested her head on Amanda's shoulder. "Panda, you rudely interrupted my nap."

"Yes, I did. And I don't regret it at all." Amanda pulled Julie's hair gently. "We need to talk before we go see Marcus. There's so much to discuss."

Julie cleared her sleepy throat. "Of course there is." She sat up and rubbed her face. "Let me go shower and wake up a bit and then we can talk. I don't want to be late. Marcus has about as many people close to him as I do. And now that he lost his Nonna, that number's even less."

Amanda nodded as she got up. "Ok, I'll go shower myself and meet you in the living room. And yeah, who knew that there was a male version of you out there. You two would have never worked anyway. You both would have tried to do too much for the other and never opened up about a damn thing." Amanda stepped out of the room quickly before the glare Julie gave her became Julie throwing something at her.

Julie rolled her eyes at Amanda and then got up and forced herself into the shower. Ugh, she hated jet lag. The traveling was fun, but the jet lag sucked. Yeah, she could do without that. She stood and enjoyed the hot water running over her skin, and only removed herself because she figured if she didn't, she'd have an over eager blonde friend of hers breaking the door down. She squeezed into her black pants suit she'd worn to court a couple of years ago, at least it got used again. It was pretty snug, but at least it fit. This suit was never going to be looked at with happy memories.

Amanda looked up from the couch as Julie walked out in her pants suit, black heeled boots, a low pony tail and light make up. "Well, you sure filled out that suit better. Look at those curves, girl."

"Yeah, you mean I've gotten fat?" Julie asked plopping down on the couch next to Amanda.

"No, it means you look healthy for the first time in a long time." Amanda looked at Julie rather saucily. "I'd squeeze your breasts, but I'm pretty sure you're used to bigger, stronger, hands now."