v. queen megan

i flinched violently, shit what the hell was that, I reach out to scratch my legs, they were itching so bad. and they were hot and sweaty. god, I feel so uncomfortable and annoyed this early in the morning. i sat lazily, scratching the side of my neck, my eyes still closed and my eyebrows furrowed. and it was weird feeling the skin above my chest, just in the place in my collarbones. i stand up, stumbling, due to losing my balance making me fall on my knees.

“WHAT THE HELL—“i almost yelled, covering my mouth with a hand. did fairygod mother pay me a visit last night?!

my hair was in a messy french braid, my makeup was done perfectly, and i was in an navy blue long dress with matching stilletos.

violently opening the door, i walk out my room with my foot almost tracing every step.

“oh good you’re awake.” luke greets, fixing the army blue bowtie of his silver tux.

“oh good you’re awake?! is that all you have to say to me?!” i yelled, adding several hand gestures. “you’re not gonna explain this?!” i pointed to myself, still in a confused and annoyed tone.

“yeah, don’t worry, nobody saw your daisies except lou, which is a girl, so stop freaking out.” he explains, his hands moving up and down, motioning to me to calm down.

“well that explains because i’m a heavy sleeper but why on earth are you scaring the shit out of me this early in the morning you little piece of shit!” panicking still in the tone of my voice, i didn’t stop with the violent hand gestures assaulting the air.

he just laughs and rubs the back of his neck, “why don’t you just come with me and you’ll know the answer to all your questions.” extending his arms, he tilts his head.

i roll my eyes but still giving him permission to escort me to wherever we were going by grabbing his arm.

he practically went around the house and i didn’t know there were those many rooms in this big ass house, we stopped in a small hallway, and he removes grabs the knob of the door, looking at me before slowly opening it.

a really bright light met my entrance, “ashton not too much, you’re blinding her!” luke yelled as i rub my eyes.

i looked up, finally regaining sight, to see a completely decorated room, and my entire soul and body almost dropped down to the floor seeing the upper case letter read, HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY MEGAN!

“luke” i turn to him, i felt like dropping down and faint, it was a the worst feeling of grief. my eyes turned lifeless.

“okay, i know you’re about to yell at my face and strangle me to death but just please listen, i don’t care if you don’t want to be our bodyguard anymore, i don’t care if you’re gonna walk away right this moment, i just want you to know that the day you were born, it’s the best feeling your parents ever had, especially your mum, just seeing you with your eyes open for the first time makes their hearts weak, and if you’re not going to include that as a reason to celebrate, then, i’m sorry for saying this but you’ll never return the favor of your parents giving life to you in this world, giving them the same happiness they felt the minute your life was given to them.” his eyes were deeply looking right at mine, highlighting the emotion of the words he just gave.

he mentioned my parents. on the same day of my birthday. even though i just want to hit him right in his guts right now, i couldn’t deny the fact that his words sunk right into my heart. i haven’t been fair to them, i haven’t given them anything to return even one favor. i guess luke is right, maybe this is just a symbol of thankfulness for the life given from them.