Chapter 16- Puppet

Author's note: It was brought to my attention that the last chapter was confusing so I changed this chapter to make the story flow a little better. Please message or comment if my story ever has a hiccup, cause I'll smooth it out or wait till I finish the book to go back and fix it up a bit.

-also the day Ginger ran away from max (where she shot Freddy)  because she found out about him rejoining the gang came after the almost proposal.

p.s; I know that I haven't posted in months but this COVID has messed up my schooling, as well as me transferring so I've been trying to get my life in order. But do know that even if it takes me months I will always upload.

Ginger

It's been a few days since my brother left, and I am going out of mind being locked in this house, while everyone is out trying to find Max. Even River has left a few times to "deal" with things or at least that's what his notes say every morning when the coward sneaks out. Sometimes even in the night so I wouldn't follow behind him.

But, this time alone has been somewhat beneficial, because it has given me time to think of my own ways of dealing with Max. I know him better than anyone else or I at least hope I do because my plan is a little risky. I mean my plan consists of walking out in the open, in the middle of town. Which is like holding a sign saying 'just kill me', but it's the best I got. In order to understand him better I have to actually be around him. As weird and crazy as that sounds, it's true. Max is very creative but he's a horrible liar especially when it comes to me, so I hope to work with him until I get his plan. But in order to do that I'd have to go behind Rivers back and I can't bring myself to hurt him like that even if it's for a short while.

Tightening my fists, I let out a long sigh before going into the kitchen to get myself a drink. Grabbing a beer, I pop off the cap by using the end of the counter top to slant the top of the bottle and smashing it. The cap falls to the floor before I walk to the back porch of Rivers house and take a sip of the beer.

It's weird to be in someone else's home, and to have it feel like your own. But I guess that's just my lack of actually having a home of my own.

Turning back to the kitchen, I place the beer on the counter before taking the end of my shirt and lifting it off, my pants soon following, leaving me in my bra and panties.

Deciding it's been enough of wallowing in my sorrows, I walk out to the lake's deck, where I stand on the edge and jump off into the freezing cold water. The chills running up and down my body are ignored as I resurface to lay floating on my back.

Where I continue to over analyze my life.

I stare at the sunset sky wondering what my life would've been like if I didn't find my financé fucking my brides maid. I'd probably be pregnant or trying to get pregnant and that thought alone makes me sad. Because I know that my life now can never include having children, especially since we have so many enemies.

I also think about Max, and how our lives would've been had I not found out about him and the gang. Which makes me think about when he came back that day,

~~

My movements are fast as I stuff my clothes into a suitcase, not caring to fold them or to even consider that some of the things I'm grabbing aren't mine.

Tears have been falling down my face since I left Max at the restaurant and I can't bring myself to go back because I know one look will make me stay. And that can't happen, I'll only make his life harder, he's better off with someone that won't hesitate to jump into his arms and cry over those words of "Will you Marry me"