Chapter 15- Promises, promises

Authors Note: I am in complete shock that the story has 11k views! Thank you to everyone that is reading because I didn't think anyone would read what I wrote but I am humbled by the support. And I can't wait to continue the story and all the more to come in the future. So enough of me, because I could go on all day but were not here for that, are we? lol

- bri

P.s. I'm thinking about cutting out the songs, cause sometimes they only go with the title not the story, so let me know, if I should keep them or leave them?

Ginger

"Fuck!" River roars out, and I can't help but join him in his new found anger, "You should've given me the phone Gin, I-" stuttering out at the end of his little rant

"You would've what?" crossing my arms over my chest, still leaning against the wall, I continue, "He didn't call you River, and I highly doubt he would have even talked to you"

"I don't give a damn! How the hell did he get your number?" his anger now turns to me, with judgment and hurt in his eyes.

"I was there for a day and a half, when the fuck would have I given it-" then realizion sets in

Fuck, cursing to myself mentally, I draw my eyes away from River and my brother that watch and wait for me to continue.

"I didn't think anything of it at the time but.."

"But what!?" River says through grinding his teeth together

"When I spent the night there, I heard him come into the room, so I thought he was gonna cuddle or something, but since I was half a sleep I didn't worry too much about, maybe he did it then" licking my bottom lip and clearing my throat from the dryness that has now appeared.

River wasn't one to use his words so when one of his chairs went flying across the room, I didn't even flinch. I mean I know that if the roles were reversed this house would be burnt down, which is kinda extreme. But this is the reason our relationship has been the craziest roller coaster ever invented. We both have such bad tempers that it not only makes the sex great but it always fuels the love between use. And even though he won't admit his true love for me, I know that he's too stubborn to really let me go.

"How could you be so stupid!" taking another chair he throws it at one of the doors, which in turn leaves a mark. "You should've cut off his dick the moment he stepped foot into your room." he says in between his heavy breathing

"I wasn't being stupid, I was lonely theres a difference" uncrossing my arms, I walk over to the window to see that night sky shimmering before I continue "I'm not as heartless as you River, I can't block out my feelings"

Everything goes quiet before I feel his arms wrap around me from behind as he buries his face into my hair and sighs in content. This was his weird way of saying sorry, without having to actually say it.

"I shouldn't have called you stupid." he murmurs

"You shouldn't say a lot of things." I say while rolling my eyes,

I know I shouldn't give into him so easily but when you've been with someone that shows little to no emotions, you take whatever you're given.

"They came to the club, only a few men but they knew you worked there Gin," Jack is the first to speak seeing as River will never tell me, "They had everything coming to them when they started asking too many questions about you. And I know you don't need us but whether you like it or not you're stuck with us now."

The small smile that forms makes all the old memories slip back to the small corner of my mind to be locked up once again.

"What did they have for me?" knowing Matt, he'd never just do something to do it, he always has a plan behind everything.