CHAPTER NINE

Layla's POV

"Austin please," I begged.

After Ace and I made it official, we agreed to keep it a secret because Austin would never approve our relationship.

"No Layla, what you're asking me to do is insane!", Austin protested against my request.

I have to convince him somehow.

"But Austin you don't understand. If you don't do this for me, I will loose my friends and I don't want that to happen."

"I don't care Layla. You did it and now you have to suffer the consequences."

"Fine," I stated simply and slammed the main door to our house.

Another boring day of school was on it's way.

I walked to the building I knew way too well - more than I wanted to know - and made my way to first period - Biology.

In Biology, Kayla was the only one of my friends that was in my class. She sat a few desks in front of me. Every time she passed my view, I felt that choosing to go to the party was a huge mistake. I was going to loose the only people who accepted me when I came into this school just because of my stupidity.

-BLING! BLING!-

I looked down at my phone.

Kayla Bumz😻
-How big is Mister Bethlord's nose?👀

I looked up at my Biology teacher and stared at his nose for a while.

Me
-OMG Kayla! Why would you be looking at his nose?😹

Kayla Bumz😻
-It just caught my eye.😹

Me
-Oh wow.

I put my phone away and did the activity we were assigned to do.

After the bell rang, I walked out the class and, as per usual, Kayla was waiting for me. We walked to our next class and I just hoped for the end of the school day to arrive.

***

"So have you spoken to your brother yet?", the squeaky voice that ruined my life asked.

I shifted from my left leg to my right leg.

"Um, yea I have but I haven't been able to convince him yet. Give me till next week Friday and I promise he'll be yours," I pleaded.

The blonde haired girl shook her head while her index finger moved from left to right continuously, "Nope. This Friday or your friends find out. There is no two ways about it."

"But Amber, it's been three days and he doesn't even want to hear it. I can't make him fall for you in a week."

We stood in the hallways by my locker. It was just before lunch time therefore Kayla ran ahead to go meet Aidan by our usual spot. I had to put my notes into my locker - I missed out on so much work while I stayed at home.

"Does it look like I care? No. So by Friday or your friends find out. Done deal," Amber clicked her fingers twice and turned on her heal. Her high heels met the floor continuously.

Austin has to agree to this.

"Layla!", a voice called from behind.