CHAPTER ONE

Layla's POV

"Layla!"

"I'm coming!"

"Aidan is waiting for us! He has been waiting for twenty minutes! Hurry up now or I'm leaving without you!"

Today has been incredibly hectic and its just started. I woke up about ten minutes ago and I just haven't found the perfect outfit. It's so hard to determine what people would like to see each day and it is not like I've had time to buy outfits. When it comes to people, I stress about everything. I stress about what to wear, how to eat, how to stand and many other things. I hate that I have that problem but I just feel the need to be popular, like I was in my old school.

Every girl at Kingston High has an outfit for each school day and its not cheap clothes - it's really expensive, branded clothes. Trust me, I know how people are. They judge you by the way you walk, or the way you talk, and I dont want to be judged on 'how I dress' for the rest of my life either.

***

As I climbed into the car Kayla spoke: "Look who finally decided what to wear."

This girl knows me so well.

"Oh just shut up!", I pushed her playfully.

"Whatever. Did you hear about the plane that crashed last night? It was on the radio this morning."

"Since when did you start listening to the radio?", I was surprised and giggled while looking at her with raised eyebrows.

"Since a few minutes ago while I was waiting for a little someone," she gave me the eye.

"Oh whatever!", I giggled and then turned my head to look out the window of the grey BMW that Kayla 'oh-so-graciously' picked to drive me to school in - and not the new fancy BMW, the old one.

I thought about my mom. I haven't seen her for quite a few months. These travels really make me miss her, even though she can upset me sometimes.

"How did the plane crash?", I asked after a while wondering.

"They don't know exactly how it crashed."

"That's so sad. I feel so sorry for the people's families," I said with a sharp pain running across my chest. I have always had a soft spot for people and how they feel.

I have never been rude to anyone unless I really had to. I don't really like to stand up for myself because I am very soft hearted and I'm afraid I will say something to hurt them.

"Yeah. Me too," were Kayla's final words before we got to school.

***

"Kayla! Layla!", I heard a familiar voice call.

Aidan.

"Aidan!", shouted Kayla across the hallway. Seems like she read my mind.

Kayla is a 'short steri-stumpie' as I like to call it. She has dirty blonde hair and emerald-green eyes, and she is short - obviously. Her hair is usually loose and she usually wears casual clothing daily.

"Where have you girls been? I've been waiting for like half an hour for you two!"

Aidan is a normal teenage boy. He is gay but he knows it and he is proud of it. Being gay, lesbian or even bi-sexual is not something to be ashamed of. In fact, it should be something you are most proud about because each and every one of us are different and unique in our own way.