Rider - Achilles

I'm sure, I really offended Rider when I first summoned him.
For the Holy Grail War I was aiming for one of the great three knight classes, Archer, Lancer or Saber.
When I summoned successfully Achilles I was so excited, happy. To meet him was literally my dream and knowing Achilles wielded a bow, a sword, most notably a spear, well...
Achilles never seems to be happy when I'm around, he doesn't smile. He's serious and formal. I know that it's not just who he is because he's the opposite when he battles.

I look for Rider in the forest where he told me he'd be.
I find him sitting on a rock, one knee up, same side arm rested on his knee and he leans on his other arm posted slightly on the rock, looking up at the moon.
"Very dramatic Rider." I say walking over to him. "Sitting in moonlight in a dark forest. You waiting for someone?" I tilt my head to the side and give short small smile.
"Oh, Miss I uhh... no, no I'm not."
"Mind of I sit here with you?"
He shakes his head. "No, I don't mind." I sit on the ground leaning against the rock.

"I'm sorry Rider..."
"Pardon?"
"I know you're not happy with a master like me."
"No, that's not—"
"During a battle, you smile, you're exited. I'm sorry to be a disappointment, I know I'm a weak mage." I say as steadily as I can and with all my strength.
"No Miss!" Rider stands up abruptly.

"Rider...?"
"Yes?"
"Would you tell me why you seek the Grail's miracle?"
"The same thing I always had. To live again, as a hero. That's all."
"Hmm..." I shift my gaze from him to the moon in this little clearing of trees.
"I haven't gotten the chance to ask you. So?"
"There's nothing more the Grail can grant me. It's already given me the only thing I've ever wanted in life. So then, we can fight for your wish, okay?"
"It's already granted you what you wished?"
"Yeah, it has." I smile looking back at him.

"How is that possible?" Rider asks.
"It's simple actually. I've had only really one wish, since I was three years old. That is to meet the hero Achilles."
"To just... meet... me?"
"Yeah, I've loved you my whole life."
"You shouldn't put things that way." He says looking off to the side.

"But, its true. I was the kind of little girl that though if she wanted you in my life, I'd marry you. Took my mom almost two years for her to tell me you weren't alive. Yet, I must have found every version of your legend existing. Hoping that it might be possible to somehow meet you one day."

I quietly laugh to myself as I decide to continue. "The reason I'm a weak magus is I neglected to study hard. I was more focused on training myself in warrior combat. I worked my hardest to be a skilled swordsman, spearman, and bowman. Yet, if I had just focused more on my magus skills, I could have met you, stood in front of you. Proudly. As a strong mage that'd be worthy to be your master."

I start to feel stupid, revealing all of that to the man I've idolized my whole life. With that information he has to think even less of me than before.

"Miss..." he kneels down and beside me. "You are the strongest woman I have ever met. You fight by me bravely and with great skill. There is no other Master I would rather have. I was upset because I wasn't summoned as one of the three great knight classes as you hoped. I didn't want to disappoint you Miss."
"I'm so sorry I made you think that."
"Everything's fine. I know what you think of me."
"I want you to know Achilles. You are better than everything I've imagined you to be. I knew when I first met you that my dream was a dream well worth wishing for."

"When we win this war and I really live again as a hero. I want you to come with me Master."
"R-really? You really want me to go with you?"
"Yeah!" I watch his face as he plasters a content grin across it. Then I realize this smile, is for me.
And I smile back.