"I have to go." I said as I heard my flight number being called.

"Not yet. You'll have to wait in a line anyways, let me stay with you until you get on the plane." She whined.

"Okay." I laughed as I got up and placed my knapsack on my shoulder.

I listened to her talk to her roommate while I stopped at a small store to buy gum and salted pistachios which was way more expensive than I had thought they would be. I packed them in my bag as I commented on something her roommate said. I was slightly jealous of her because she got to spend more time with the love of my life than I had. She was a stud and a good looking one with braces and bright green eyes at that. I wanted her to get roomed with a straight girl or maybe another fem because I knew she didn't like fems since she was more on the submissive side but the Gods had to spite me and had her room with a sweet mouth stud and the only reassurance I had was her saying that she's not attracted to white girls.

"When are you going to send the ring?" She asked me.

"Uhh, once I get settled enough."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I'm so sad about this but I want you to be happy." Her eyes started to water.

"Don't cry, babe. Listen, I'll make sure that everything works out for us and this ring should be proof enough of how serious I am about that." I moved my phone to my right hand as I lifted my left hand to show her the matching promise ring that I got for us.

"Make sure or I'll find you and kill any bloodclaat body weh yuh find. You're supposed to love me and only me." She said with a serious face.

"I'll hold you to that." I laughed.

I was now seated at my window seat with my bag pushed under the seat in front of me and my seat belt buckled tightly around my waist.

"This seatbelt is so impractical." I fussed.

"Look at this brochure. It's so hopeful and optimistic that the plane is going to land flat on its belly on top of the ocean. Physics and movies says it's going to sink and we're all going to die." I whisper yelled.

"Yo Tash, chill out. Nothing is going to happen on that three hours flight." She threw her head back in laughter.

"You don't know." I hissed my teeth.

"I do, calm down and remember to take your pills."

"Ma'am it's time to take off. Please turn your cellphone off." The air hostess said to me.

"Babe, I have to go. I'll let you know when I land and I love you."

"I love you too babycakes. Have a safe flight and I love you." She blew kisses at me before I laughed and disconnected the call then turned on airplane mode.

I leaned back into the seat with a look of longing on my face wondering to myself what the hell I was doing and why I was doing it. I didn't really have a solid definition right now but I knew this had to be done, I knew I had to find peace somehow since I felt so tormented in my own homeland. I felt an overwhelming sense of pride and chauvinism when I thought of where my roots lie but strangely enough, I didn't feel rooted.

I stopped the air hostess to ask for water so I could take my pills before the plane decided to make the runway. I quickly threw them back and washed them down with water before letting out a huge exasperated sigh and leaning back with my eyes closed. I knew this was a short flight, I can make it. Why would anyone want to hijack a flight in the Caribbean? First of all, no one would take them serious enough to even care and they'd probably hear a million suck yuh mada before someone tackled them to the floor. I laughed at the thought and hummed to myself to cancel out the noise of the running engine and the fact that the captain was giving my before death speech.