Chapter 13

Lorraine's POV

I love my family so much, and I couldn't be more grateful for each and everyone in my family. My sister Lorana was actually like my best friend- well my other best friend after Nicole. I was officially on leave from work, and I had been planning on surprising my family this weekend. I had told them that I would drive down as soon as I got leave, but didn't tell them when exactly. However, I was the one who got a surprise when Lorana showed up at my house. She left Amelia with Kevon, and drove all the way here. She said that since I couldn't seem to come visit them, she would come to me.

Sometimes my dedication to my job makes me feel like a bad sister or daughter. Considering, that my parents and sister only live two hours away from me, and we hardly get to see each other as often as we'd like. You'd think we lived in different countries or cities. I know that most of the time they would have visited as well, but I'm often too busy to hang out with them. Now that I have finally gotten myself some free time, it seems as if Lorana was willing to make the most of it now.

"You know that I was planning on surprising you guys Saturday morning." I said to as I helped her get settled into the guest room.

"Looks like I beat you to it." Lorana grinned. "Look, I know that you're extremely busy at times, and your dedication and love for your job would probably cause you to cancel that overdue break."

"Is there such a thing as cancelling overdue break?" I chuckled.

"For you? I believe there is. Thats typically you Lorraine." She said to me.  "You love working so much.""

"Fine, you're probably right. But is it so bad that I love my job?"

"You know, we should go out tonight." Lorana suggested as she totally ignored my question. "When was the last time you went out?"

"Uhm..."

"Don't even bother to lie. Nicole told me that you guys haven't gone out in almost a year now. So I know that it's been a while." Lorana said to me. "And as much as I hate to admit it, it's been the same for me. Ever since I had Amelia, I haven't gone out and just let loose."

"Why the hell would you do that, when you have a wonderful husband and a beautiful three years old at home?" I asked her.

"Don't get me wrong, I love being a wife and a mother. But sometimes I just want to take sometime for myself and unwind." Lorana responded. "It's been forever since I've gone out, even visit a club and let loose. Lorraine I don't know about you, but I'm still young. I want to have a little more fun before I completely give up on fun time. We are going to a club tonight. You should call Nicole too."

"Nicole won't be free tonight. We talked a few minutes ago, she's got a shift later tonight." I said to her.

"Oh, well I guess it is just going to have to be the two of us. Sisters night out? For old times sake?" Lorana smiled. "Please Lorraine, don't be such a boring old lady."

"What am I even going to do at a club now? I haven't been to one in years." I chuckled.

"Exactly. That's why we need to visit one to refresh our memories of what it's like to go clubbing." Lorana responded. "We should go to one of those upscale club, with an exquisite bar and restaurant. Have a few drinks and flirt with guys...well I'd watch you flirt with guys. I'm happily married so... Can't take part in things like that anymore."

"I don't flirt Lorana. That's for immature people."

"Flirting is for immature people? Wow, no offence sis, but that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard you said in well forever." Lorana snickered. "Every one flirts. Kevon and I still flirt with each other, and I'd like to think that we're mature. Even mom and dad flirt- alot. You should see them sometimes. It's the sweetest, yet most disturbing thing to see."