☆Part 26☆

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Part 26
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

F/N's Journal
Entry #162
December 20, 2018

It's been a little over five months since the vacation that my classmates and I took during the summer. A lot has changed since then. Izuku and I have become much closer, I've met some more great people that I'm proud to call my friends, and Ochako is still ignoring me. Ever since that night, she has slowly and slowly grown farther away. I don't know why exactly, but I have a few guesses. Other than that, Mina and I are in a confusing relationship right now. She confessed to me on that same fateful night, but, even now, I still haven't given her a concrete answer. I know, it's been five months. But, I just can't bring myself to accepting it or even turning her down. 

But, right now, it's almost Christmas. People say that it's the time for miracles, but I'm not so sure. At this rate, I don't know if even a miracle can save the situation I'm in.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Haaahh..." I sighed. I sat at my desk staring at the entry I had just written in my journal. "What did I do for it to be like this...?" I whispered.

Since it was December, the temperature dropped like crazy and it started snowing fairly frequently. It was almost Christmas and everyone was in the festive spirit. Well, everyone but me. Normally, it being my favorite holiday, I'm all about Christmas. Decorations, costumes, gift shopping, spending time with family... All of those things are what make Christmas my favorite. But, all I could think about was my relationship troubles. At this point in my life, I never had to deal with girls or relationships, so I was a huge novice when it came to this stuff. What's the right move in this situation? If I choose one... will the other be hurt? Who do I even like? Some of those questions were more obvious than others. Even so, they were all I could think about.

I sat up from my desk and sprawled out on my bed, staring at the ceiling. My eyes fixated on the blank white nothingness that filled the top of my room. I spaced out without even realizing it.

...

Ding! Ding!

After a few minutes, a dinging noise brought me back. My phone, placed on my nightstand, went off suddenly. I rolled over and reached for my phone without much effort. Once I brought it closer to my face, I turned it on to see whatever the message was. It was from Mina. It had been a good amount of time since she sent me a text, so I was pleasantly surprised. I smiled and opened the message.

 I smiled and opened the message

'A Christmas Eve party...?' I thought. 'Why would she invite me of all people? Wouldn't it just be awkward if I showed up?' I thought about the implications of this for a bit until realizing something. 'Wait... if she invited me, then... that means... Ochako might be there...?' I instantly shook my head back and forth after thinking that. 'No! Why would she be there? She's trying to ignore me, so she probably doesn't want to run into me at the party... But, if she is there...'

I quickly typed up a well thought out and concise response to Mina's question.

'Well thought out, my ass...' I thought.

After painstakingly waiting for a minute or two, Mina replied.

"Skulls...?" I questioned out loud.

?" I questioned out loud

"Heh..." I chuckled.

Even if I didn't like her in the same way she liked me, you can't deny that she's cute.

"Well, I guess I'm going to this party now... But, I don't have anything to wear," I muttered. "Maybe dad has an old suit that can fit me... And maybe I should style my hair differently..."

Without even realizing it, I was already trying to look good for the party for reasons... that are pretty obvious if you ask me.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Part 26☆ - END
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A/N: Hey everyone! I'm here to give some more details about my next story, Love Isn't Always Straightforward! First, I want to tell you all the genre of this story. Well, half of it is pretty obvious just from the title, but I'd still like to make it clear. This story will be a rom-com story based off of romance manga and anime I've read or seen over the years. Since it's a rom-com it won't have the same tone as Amanama all the time or even the same structure. Yes, it can get serious, but I won't take it too seriously most of the time and I hope you won't either. 
Also, it won't be an "X Reader" story with a fill-in main character nor will it be associated with MHA/BNHA. All the characters in the story will be my own original characters made specifically for this story. Hopefully, that doesn't turn you off from reading the story, but I totally understand if it does!
That's all I have to say for now! I hope you look forward to more info in the future!!

 Hopefully, that doesn't turn you off from reading the story, but I totally understand if it does!That's all I have to say for now! I hope you look forward to more info in the future!!