☆Part 14☆

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Part 14
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It had been about three hours since I arrived home. My dad talked for what seemed like forever about my entire life story. But, eventually, he went out like a light after eating dinner.

"So... uhh... are we going to get any studying done tonight...?" I asked while washing the dishes. "I mean, that was the plan, right?"

Ochako, Mina, and Izuku sat at the kitchen table in silence. It was evident that they didn't want to do any studying after talking to my dad.

I sighed. "Fine, I get it. We can study on another day..." I said reluctantly.

Their faces lit up. "Really?!" Mina asked eagerly.

"But!" I shouted. "We're not doing it here. I don't know about you guys, but I genuinely want to get a decent score on my tests,"

Izuku stood up. "I want a good score too, trust me! It's just that your dad is always fun to talk to!" he said.

"Yeah! This is the first time I've met him and I already feel like I've known him for my whole life!" Ochako exclaimed enthusiastically.

I turned off the sink and walked over to the kitchen table. "And that's exactly why we aren't coming here for a study group again. I'm sorry, but it's for the best,"

Everyone frowned in response.

What I had said instantly ruined the mood, but it had to be done if any of us wanted to do well on our tests.

'Damn, I hate to be the bad guy in this situation... Everyone's mood just plummeted,' I thought. 'There has to be something to lighten their spirits...'

"I know!" I shouted.

They all shifted their focus onto me simultaneously. "What are you talking about?" Izuku asked.

I walked over to my freezer and pulled out some ice cream. "I tried to make some homemade ice cream a few days ago... You guys want any...?" I asked.

Mina shot up from the table and had a face like she had just won the lottery.

I smiled. "I'll take that as a yes," I said.

I prepared the ice cream in separate bowls for everyone. Even if it was my first time making ice cream, everyone seemed to enjoy it. That made me happy. After about ten minutes or so, we finished the ice cream and continued to talk a little while longer. Well, Mina was oddly quiet while we were talking. I noticed that Mina was silent even though she was extremely excited about the ice cream earlier. She seemed to be spaced out, staring at the table.

I decided to ask if something was wrong, "Mina?" I asked.

Her head shot up and she blinked multiple times. "Y-yeah?" she stuttered.

"You okay? You've been relatively quiet," I said.

She looked back down at the table. "Well... um..." she muttered.

"Is something-?"

At that moment, she abruptly stood up and grabbed Ochako by the arm. "I just... need to talk to Ochako for a minute! Excuse us!" she shouted before walking out of the kitchen and down the hallway towards my room.

Izuku and I looked at each other with confused looks. "Do you know what's wrong?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No clue,"

I placed my hand on my chin. "Well, it's most likely something private, but it looks like they went into my room... So I'm gonna go see what they're doing,"

Izuku nodded. "Alright, I'll be here!" he said.

I smiled and stood up. "Be right back,"

Silently, I walked down the hall and to my room door. As I was about to open it, I overheard them talking.

"-was that all about?" Ochako asked.

There was silence for a few moments.

"I... I need to get something off my chest, Ochako," Mina muttered.

'Should I really be listening to this...?' I thought. 'Well, they're in my room... so I should know everything that happens in there, right?'

"What's wrong? You can tell me anything..." Ochako said.

More silence.

"I had a feeling this was the case for a while now... but I just never accepted it..." Mina continued.

"What is it?" Ochako asked.

Mina gulped. "I think I... I..."

'I really shouldn't be listening to this... I'll just head back and-' I thought.

"I think I... like [F/N]..."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Part 14☆ - END
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━