☆Part 22☆

A/N: Thank you so much for over 5k reads! This is a huge milestone for me so I really appreciate it! Also, this story is still on semi-hiatus! I was able to find some extra time and write a few chapters, so I'll be posting those over the next few days! I hope you enjoy! And if you have exams coming up, then good luck!!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Part 22
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Thanks for letting me borrow some of your clothes, Izuku," I said while helping Izuku unpack his belongings.

"Oh, it's no problem! I've had the same thing happen to me, too," he replied.

I smiled and placed a few of Izuku's shirts into the dresser that was placed in our room. The room we got had two queen sized beds and had a chandelier on the ceiling. It even had a sizeable balcony with an amazing view.

Izuku scratched the back of his head and looked around the room. "I'm really not used to living with this much luxury," he said.

"Yeah, me too. Since it's just me and my dad, we never had a huge house or anything. Honestly, the great hall is bigger than my entire home," I muttered.

Izuku chuckled. "It's basically a whole new world to all of us,"

I nodded and smiled. "You're right. But, it ain't bad," 

A sudden knock came from our door. "Hey, guys! Dinner is ready, so you might wanna hurry it up!" Mina yelled from behind the door.

"Right! We'll be out soon!" I yelled back.

The sound of quick and uneven footsteps echoed down the hall as she walked away. A few seconds of silence followed her leave. And then, to follow the silence, Izuku spoke.

"Hey, [F/N], I have a question," he blurted out.

I shifted my view towards Izuku. "What's up?"

He stood there with a shirt in his hand. I noticed that his grip was gradually becoming tighter and tighter as he stood there, staring directly into my eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He sighed. "I never brought it up after you said it because I was sure you didn't want to talk about it, but I'm letting curiosity get the better of me,"

I tilted my head to the side. "What are you talking about?" I asked again.

"What do you..." he stopped himself and took a deep breath. "...think of Mina?"

'Huh? Did he just ask what I think he asked?' I thought. 'There's no way he means what I think he means, right? Yeah, I'll just give him a simple answer.'

"Well, I think she's fun to be around and she's always been a great friend-"

"That's not what I mean," Izuku cut me off.

I stared at him with my mouth slightly agape. I was distraught. "...Izuku...?"

"C'mon guys! The food's gonna get cold if you don't hurry up!!" Mina yelled from down the hall.

"..."

"..."

After a few seconds of silence, Izuku put on his normal smile and walked towards the door. As he reached for the handle, he stopped. 

"Sorry, I overstepped my bounds a bit there... I was just curious, I guess. I'm sorry," he muttered.

"It's okay, I won't press for details either. Let's just get downstairs before she yells at us again," I said.

Izuku nodded and opened the door.

Dinner that night was more awkward than it needed to be. Well, awkward between me and Izuku. All I could think about was why he would ask something like that. It wasn't like him at all. Before then, I had never seen him act like that. He was like a totally different person.

...

Later that night, Ochako called everyone to the main hall and brought out some fireworks for all of us to use. Since the house was on the coast, we took them down to the beach. It really helped me forget about what happened earlier, even if it was for a short time.

I was sitting near the edge of the beach with a sparkler in hand when I suddenly heard footsteps coming from behind me. I slowly turned around and saw Ochako with even more sparklers and a lighter.

"What are you doing over here all alone? Everyone else is over there," she said.

I turned my view back towards the ocean. "I just like sitting near the ocean. It calms me, I guess," I replied. "It was a good idea to bring out these fireworks on a night like tonight, too. There are no clouds out, so you can see so many stars," Then, Ochako walked up next to me and looked up at the sky.

"Well, I was gonna save these for our last day here, but you seemed to be upset about something," she said.

I slowly turned to her. "Huh...?"

Ochako looked down towards me, the light from the sparkler shining on her face. Her smile was as bright as the stars. "I thought they would cheer you up!"

I stared at her with my eyes widened. The sound of crackling fireworks filled our surroundings.

After a few seconds, she realized I was staring at her and she instantly turned red. "Wh-what's wrong? D-did I say something weird?"

I closed my eyes and smiled. "No, everything you said was fine," I said.

"H-hey, that's my line...!" she whispered.

I laughed and she laughed along with me. It was nice. Once we stopped, my sparkler went out and I lifted myself up.

"But, if you were wondering, you did cheer me up," I said as I turned to her. "So, thank you,"

A huge smile grew on her face. "Really? I'm so glad!" Then, she held out the other sparkler in her hand. I smiled and grabbed it.

'I could get used to this,' I thought.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Part 22☆ - END
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━