✧Part 24✧

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✧Part 24✧
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Hey, [F/N]! Can you run by the nearest store real quick? We wanna make some homemade ice cream tonight!" Mina asked.

"Sure, but I'm not paying for it," I remarked.

Mina pouted. "Oh, come on! Did you think I was gonna make you pay for it?" she said.

It was about 30 minutes after I had my talk with Izuku. It still wasn't too late, only about 8 P.M. So, I received the money for the ingredients along with the list and started walking down the street. 

This part of the coast was very quiet at night. The only the thing that could be heard clearly was the waves splashing and crashing against the rocky cliffs surrounding parts of the ocean. But, since it was so quiet, I was left alone with my thoughts. My talk with Izuku still replayed in my head. It was a satisfying conversation, for Izuku at least. He left the talk satisfied that his friend doesn't like the same person he does. But, I left ashamed that I couldn't tell him that Mina likes me instead and that I felt relief that he doesn't like Ochako. I mean, there was no easy way to tell him about Mina in that situation in the first place, but still. How could I deceive my friend like that? I gave him false hope for the person he loves. Those kinds of thoughts clouded my brain while walking to the store. I knew I was overthinking it, but I really couldn't do anything but blame myself for what would eventually happen.

...

I arrived at the store and followed the shopping list. To my surprise, every single thing on the list was in stock. The money they gave me was down to the very last penny, and somehow it was the perfect amount.

'Yaoyorozu must come here pretty often...' I thought. 'It seems like she memorized all the prices or something,'

...

After gathering up all the things on the list, I started making my way back to the house. On the way back, another thought crossed my mind. If Izuku doesn't act quickly, then what will Mina do? I knew that she liked me ever since I overheard Ochako and Mina's conversation in my house. But, I had no idea if she was planning anything. My understanding was that,  in all kinds of media, the person who has a crush confesses their feelings while on a vacation of some kind. They do it because of the mood and the timing or something. When that thought came to mind, I instantly became more anxious. Yeah, it was a childish way of thinking, but I didn't have much experience in that field, so I was kinda dumb.

'She's not planning on doing anything, right? There's no way... We just got here after all... and all her friends are here so wouldn't it be awkward?' I thought. 

I sighed at the thought and shook my head.

...

Once I walked into the front yard of the house I instantly met eyes with Mina. She was sitting on the stairs that led to the front door, seemingly waiting for something.

She noticed me and stood up. "Hey, [F/N]! Didn't take you as long as I thought it would!" she shouted while waving.

I waved back and walked over to her. "Why are you out here?" I asked.

She smiled. "I was waiting for you to get back! The faster we get the ingredients the faster we can enjoy our ice cream, right?" she said.

I handed her the bag of ingredients. "That is true... But, I could've just given them to you inside," I mentioned.

Mina slowly put her hands behind her back and looked down while kicking her leg back and forth. "Well, that's not all I was waiting to do... The other thing... we needed to be alone for," she muttered.

I tilted my head to the side in response.

Mina continued to awkwardly kick back and forth before speaking up. "[F/N]... I have something to tell you..." she said.

'Oh. This is... exactly what I expected to happen,' I thought.

I gulped. "What... what is it?" I asked.

Mina closed her eyes and took a deep breath before looking up at me straight in the eyes.

'I'm sorry, Izuku,' I thought.

"I... like you," she announced. "I've liked you for a long time now. I just could never find the right place and time to say it. If you need to think about it... that's fine. I'd rather have an answer you're confident with than one that you came up with on the spot,"

Like I said before, this was a quiet area. So all that could be heard was the calming sound of the waves. But, before I could even answer, another sound came into the mix. A tree branch snapped. I instantly turned my head in the direction of the sound and...

"Ocha... ko...?" I whispered.

Ochako stood to my left, not too far away. Definitely close enough to hear what just happened. All three of us sat in silence, staring at each other. The look on Ochako's face is kind of hazy in my memory. But, the one thing that will never leave my head, is the tears that were streaming down her face.

Then, in a flash, Ochako spun around and ran away. I quickly turned to Mina, who was staring at the ground. I grit my teeth and took off after Ochako.

'Goddammit...!' I thought.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✧Part 24✧ - END
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A/N: I hate to leave it on a cliffhanger, but those are the chapters that I was able to write in my free time. I might be able to write more once Christmas break starts, but don't count on it. But, until then, I hope you can wait patiently! With each chapter, we're getting closer and closer to the end and honestly, it's hard to believe. So, I hope you can stay all the way until the end with me!