☆Part 10☆

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Part 10
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"You want me to go swimsuit shopping... with you..?" I asked.

Ochako nodded. "Yeah, I haven't gone to a pool in a while, so most of my swimsuits wouldn't fit me..." 

I shook my head, trying to realize my situation. "That's not the problem!" I shouted. "Are you sure you want a guy to go swimsuit shopping with you? People will get the wrong idea..!"

Ochako tilted her head to the side and stared at me. "Hm?"

I stared back at her with a face saying 'how do you not understand what I'm saying?!' 

After a few seconds, her eyes widened and her face grew red. "O-oh... I see what you mean now..." she whispered. Then, she placed her fingertip on her chin and hummed. "But, if I don't go now I won't be able to swim! And I don't want to go alone, either. I feel like that would be awkward..." she explained.

I sighed. 'She's really hopeless, huh?' I thought. Crossing my arms, I took a deep breath. "Fine, I'll go with you."

A huge smile instantly grew on her face. "Really?!"

"Yes, really," I said.

"Thanks, [F/N]!"

Once Ochako persuaded me to go shopping, we headed straight to the mall and entered the swimsuit shop. Ochako walked up and down the aisles, scanning the many brightly colored swimsuits. I watched from the sidelines, making sure I didn't seem like I was accompanying her.

"Hey, [F/N]!" she shouted.

I jumped from the sudden shout. 'Well, that's it for that plan...' I thought.

Ochako quickly pulled up two swimsuits, a green and yellow bikini with a matching yellow cover-up and a pink one-piece suit. "Which one do you like more?" she asked.

I quickly looked away, trying to hide my embarrassment. "Wh-why are you asking me?!"

Ochako pouted. "There's no one else to ask! Please?"

A few seconds of silence passed until I finally gave in. "...The green and yellow one is nice. The colors compliment each other really well..." I muttered.

Ochako stared at me, dumbfounded.

"What are you looking at me like that for..? I answered your question, didn't I?" I asked.

She blinked back into reality and put the pink one-piece suit away. "I'm surprised you actually answered," she said.

"Huh?" I questioned.

"I was expecting you to just brush it off, but you actually answered. Thanks, [F/N]!" she said.

"Don't worry about it. The sooner we can get out of here the better," I muttered.

Ochako enthusiastically walked over to the changing room. "I'm gonna try this on now. You better not leave while I'm in here!" she said.

"I won't, I promise," I replied.

She nodded and entered the room.

After a few minutes, she walked out holding the swimsuit. "You picked a good one, [F/N]!"

I smiled. "I guess I did, huh..?"

"Alright, I'm gonna buy this and then call Mina!" Ochako exclaimed.

"Okay, I'll wait outside," I said. I walked out of the shop and sat on an empty bench outside. Slowly, I leaned my head back and let out a huge sigh. "I didn't even do anything and I'm drained... Swimsuit shopping is more tiring than I thought..." I muttered.

I continued to stare straight up until I heard footsteps approaching me. Reluctantly, I lifted my head back up to investigate the sound and my eyes met with Mina.

She smiled and waved. "Hey, [F/N]! What are you doing here?"

'M-M-M-Mina?!?!' I thought. Bullets of sweat started to shoot down my face. 'What is she doing here? Wait, that doesn't matter... Wait, it does matter! If she finds out why I'm here she'll get the completely wrong idea!! I don't want to, but I need to get her out of here ASAP!!'

She stared at me with a confused look. "Hello?" 

I quickly shot out of the bench and turned to her, stiffly. "H-hey, Mina! What are you doing here?"

"O-oh, well I just asked you that, but... I'm just killing time until we go to the pool. Ochako told you about that, right?" she said.

I nodded rapidly.

"I heard Izuku is coming along with us, too! It's gonna be super fun, right [F/N]?" Mina said with a bright smile.

'Dammit..! I thought I was able to act somewhat normally around her now! But, with these circumstances... it's almost impossible to act normal!' I thought.

Again, I nodded rapidly and didn't respond with words.

Mina took a few steps towards me and stared. "Are you okay? You look a bit pale..." she asked.

I chuckled nervously. "I-I'm fine!"

She continued to stare until backing up and smiling. "Okay! If you say so!"

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Well, I should get going now! I'll see you at the pool!" Mina said while walking away.

I'm pretty sure during that whole encounter I didn't breathe. I shocked back into reality after she turned the corner and I fell back onto the bench. Soon after, Ochako walked out of the shop and saw me on the bench.

She outstretched her hand and stared at me with a worried look. "H-hey, are you alright..?" she asked.

I didn't respond. I just continued to lay on the bench. At this point, I had accepted that this would be the longest and most draining day of my life.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Part 10☆ - END
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━