★Part 5★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Part 5
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I didn't have a lot of money for ingredients, so all I was able to make was Udon and Rice Balls..." I said.

Mina leaned in on the table right up to her food. "Wow! It looks delicious! Did you make this all yourself?!" she asked.

My face became light red and I scratched the back of my head. "W-well, Ochako helped me with the rice balls..." I said.

Mina turned to Ochako with a shocked expression. "Wait, did you come over early or something?" Mina asked.

I glanced at Ochako who was sitting still, not knowing what to say. "O-oh, uh, she made them at home and brought them over!" I stuttered.

Izuku turned to Ochako. "You made these, Uraraka?" he asked, pointing to the rice balls.

Ochako jumped a bit and slowly nodded. "Y-yeah..." she muttered.

A smile grew on Izuku's face. "I can't wait to eat them then!" he said.

A bomb went off in Ochako's head. Her face was bright red and I could've sworn I saw steam coming out of her ears. She covered her face and said something, but no one could understand her.

"You okay?" Izuku asked. Ochako simply nodded in response.

"Aw man, all I brought was soda!" Mina shouted. "Who are you trying to impress, huh?"

"U-uh, n-no one!" Ochako exclaimed.

Mina giggled. "I'm just joking,"

"Well, we should start eating before the Udon gets cold," I said.

Mina clapped her hands together. "Right! Let's dig in!"

"Thanks for the food!" everyone shouted.

Mina ate some noodles and her face lit up. "Wow! This is sooo good~!" she shouted.

I looked down at the table, trying to hide my bright red face. "O-oh, really..?" asked.

Mina took another huge bite of noodles and nodded rapidly. "Mmffmm!"

I chuckled and felt a tap on my shoulder. "You really outdid yourself with this, [F/N]!" Izuku said.

I smiled. No one had ever really complimented my cooking before since I only made it for myself. So hearing all of these compliments, even if they were small, really meant a lot to me.

"Oh, the rice balls are delicious too, Uraraka!" he exclaimed. Ochako's face was still red from earlier, so she just stayed still and nodded.

"T-thanks, Deku," she muttered.

Izuku looked over to Ochako and noticed her red face. "Uraraka, are you okay? Your face is pretty red..." he said. "Do you have a fever?"

Ochako shook her head rapidly back and forth. "I-I'm fine! Don't worry about me!" she stuttered.

Ah, looking back on this time really puts me at ease. It was one of the first times that I had an interaction like this one. My friends and I, eating a meal that I made for them. It was just... a really nice evening.

...

The first month of school passed in the blink of an eye. The deal between me and Ochako continued, and we helped each other in any way we could. Honestly, both of us hadn't made any noticeable progress. I started getting more comfortable so I was hanging out with Izuku more often when I should've been helping Ochako. I did feel bad, but I really wanted to relive my childhood memories of hanging out with Izuku. But, eventually, May rolled around out of nowhere.