★Part 9★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
★Part 9★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The temperature slowly started to increase. Even if it was only still May, we had some hot days that were rare for the month. On another note, it had been about three weeks since the fireworks show and Ochako and Izuku were starting to be slightly normal around each other again. It wasn't perfect, but it became less and less awkward.

It was our day off and I was home alone cooking lunch. The forecast said that it would get pretty hot on that day, so I decided to just stay in. Well, that was my plan at least.

At around noon I heard a knock on my door. Naturally, I walked over and opened it.

Ochako stood outside with a smile on her face. "Good afternoon, [F/N]!" she said.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be enjoying your day off?" I asked.

She took her finger and started curling her hair around it. "Well, I was just walking by and I thought I'd say hi," she said.

Then, a loud noise came from her stomach. Her face instantly turned red and she looked down.

I glared at her. "You just wanted me to cook for you, didn't you?" I asked with a stern voice.

Her head jolted back up. "N-no! I genuinely wanted to see you! I just... haven't eaten..." she muttered.

I sighed. "Alright, come in. I'm just making some rice bowls right now if that's okay with you,"

She nodded rapidly. "Anything you make is fine with me!" she exclaimed.

Soon after she entered my house, I finished my lunch and we started to eat.

"It's crazy how May is almost over already, huh?" I mentioned.

She nodded with a face full of rice. "Mmff mffmff,"

I stared at her with discontent. "You and Mina really need to learn to not talk with your mouth full,"

Ochako quickly swallowed and wiped her mouth. "Yeah, this year is going by really fast so far," she said.

"It feels like just yesterday that you asked me to help you with Izuku," I mentioned.

She giggled. "You're right. It does feel that way,"

We sat in silence while eating for a few minutes. I've mentioned this before, but sitting in silence with Ochako was never awkward. Normally, it would be awkward for both people involved. But, it never felt that way. At the time, I didn't really think of the reason why. I was pretty oblivious to the things around me and I was too focused on one thing to notice. I just thought that Ochako would rather eat than talk, so I kept quiet most of the time. And it just started to become more and more natural. I never got the answer to whether or not Ochako didn't like to talk while eating. Honestly, the idea of that was probably me just being oblivious again. But, it didn't take away the fact that it was simply nice.

Suddenly, Ochako's phone buzzed. She pulled it out of her pocket and looked at her newly received message.

"Hmm..." she muttered.

I took a break from stuffing my face with rice and looked up to her. "What's up?" I asked.

She scratched the top of her head. "Mina is asking me if I want to go to the pool with her,"

I dropped my chopsticks the instant I heard those words. "Did you say... pool?"

She nodded. "Mhm, she has a membership at the public pool I guess. But, it's only the end of May. Why are they open so soon?"

My mind was racing. Somehow, I couldn't put the words Mina and pool together without having to stop myself from thinking about something perverted. But, I had to get Ochako to go and get to come along somehow.

"Do you know how many people she can bring in with her?" I asked.

Ochako put her finger on her chin. "I think about 5 or 6..?"

'Perfect,' I thought.

"How about you accept and ask if Izuku and I can come along?" I suggested.

Her face instantly turned a bright shade of red. "Wh-what?! Me and Deku... at the pool..?" She sat still for a few moments contemplating. Then, somehow, her face became even redder and she covered her face. "N-no way! That's too embarrassing!" she shouted.

I sighed. "It'll be fine. It's just the pool, right?" I said. "Don't you want to spend more time with him?"

Ochako kept her hands on her face for a while until taking them away. "I-I guess you're right," she muttered.

I flashed a thumbs up. "It'll be the perfect excuse to talk to him! And while you're doing that I'll be able to talk with Mina. It's a win-win situation,"

"R-right," she stuttered.

"So, when are we leaving?" I asked.

"Well... uh... That's the problem..." she said.

I tilted my head to the side. "What is it..?" I asked.

"I need to get a new swimsuit... Do you wanna go with me?" she whispered.

I froze at the table and stared at Ochako. The last thing that I'd ever expect to do in my life. The one thing that every guy in high school dreams of.

'I have to go swimsuit shopping... with a girl..?!' I thought.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
★Part 9★ - END
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━