Unrequited Love PT. 2

Oof this was supposed be angst and then have a different part be fluff but nevermind that

Jeremy grinned as they walked to school. His was obviously more flustered and seemed just the slightest bit more confident.

Michael easily recognized this as a sign that someone was about to confess.

If Michael could see the white patch of hair on his head, it would be like green, signaling curiosity.

"So Jer, you like anyone?" Michael asked, not being subtle at all.

Jeremy blushed and nodded slightly.

Michael perked up and grinned. "Oooooo, who's the special girl?"

Jeremy stumbled a moment and quietly mumbled a name.

"Hmmm?" Michael hummed loudly, still grinning despite a weird pain in his chest.

"ItsChristine!" Jeremy blurted out and hid his face with his hands.

The unknown pain grew worse in Michael's chest but he shook it off. "Well don't worry Jer, something tells me that everything will be just fine," Michael stated confidently as his eyes gained a sparkle of light pink in them. 

Jeremy took a deep breath and nodded. "O-okay, I can do t-this!" Jeremy pep talked himself the rest of the way to the school, Michael helping along the way.

When they finally parted ways, Michael's quirky smiled vanished from his face as he sighed and leaned against his locker.

He was particularly early and didn't expect anyone he knew to be there. However, Rich came up quietly to his younger brother.

"Boo!" Rich yelled, causing Michael to jump.

Rich started laughing but immediately stopped when he saw tears rolling down Michael's cheeks.

He quickly sat down next to him. "Hey Micha, what's wrong?"

"I-I don't know..." Michael sniffled. "I was talking to J-Jeremy earlier and he s-said he was going to ask out his crush today, which was normal enough. Me being me, automatically made sure that it would go well because it felt like they would be happy together. Except I felt like my heart was aching and I didn't really like the idea of him getting together with someone. Now I just feel terrible," Michael sniffled, wiping away more tears.

"Why are human emotions so weird Rich?" Michael asked quietly, still not fully situated well with the wide range of emotions he could feel.

Back where the gods stayed, everyone had their own dominant emotion and it wasn't often for them to feel something drastically different their main emotion, especially their kids in hopes to keep them from straying from their main purpose.

Now that he and Rich were released to a world that held more emotions than they could name, it was really hard for Michael to grasp the concept fully despite him being on Earth for literal years. (But like,,,same???)

Rich frowned, giving him a knowing look.

"I don't know Micha, but from what I've learned here, I think what you are feeling is heartbreak. Wanna tell me about Jeremy?" He asked, in hopes of getting Michael to cheer up.

Michael nodded and started describing Jeremy to Rich. Slowly, he felt himself calm down and even blush at his own words. When he finally finished, Rich grinned wide.

"W-what? Is something wrong?!" Michael panicked, looking around frantically and ignoring his burning cheeks.

"Looks like my little lovebug is in love~" Rich cooed and Michael blushed more, glaring at him.