Ghosthunters Pt. 2

Wew more book

"Why the fuck are you here?" The spirit asked angrily.

"Uhh, my friends and I wanted to explore! Well, more like ghost catching but still..."  Jeremy trailed off.

"Do you even know who I am?" The spirit asked, crossing their arms.

Jeremy slowly shook his head, taking a step back.

"Well hi I'm Michael Mell and I'm most definitely a ghost who lives in the very house you are trespassing in," Michael hissed.

Jeremy froze.

"Wait, the Michael Mell?"

Michael looked annoyed but nodded.

"Holy shit grandpa has told us so much about you," Jeremy beamed, a bit proud of himself for remembering.

"Who was your grandpa anyways since he knows so much about me. I died nearly 150 years ago," Michael asked, crossing his arms.

"Jeremiah Heere! He said he liked to go by Jeremy though. I'm named after him!"

Michael stiffened and felt the red liquid ooze from his eyes again.

Tears of blood.

"I'm sure he told you about our friendship and all that, right?" Michael asked quietly.

Jeremy frowned and shook his head. "He never really went deep into it."

"Of course he didn't, why would he anyways. He's a dumb bastard let me tell you that," Michael spat, not even trying to stop the tears rolling down his cheeks.

"What? No he isn't, he's really cool and helped those entire world by getting rid of someone dangerous as only a teen! Can you believe that?" Jeremy said, gazing off in awe.

Michael, however, twitched in annoyance and felt the electricity crackling at his fingertips. A sign that he was getting angry.

"You want to know who? Or do you already know," Michael asked carefully, trying to calm himself.

Jeremy nodded, confused once more.

"Well, it was me, surprise surprise!" Michael did sarcastic jazz hands, the electricity still visible.

Jeremy's face fell.

"B-but, I thought you were his best friend?"

"Yeah no shit! I thought the exact same thing too, how many times he told me we would always be together or the time that he said I was his favorite. Not to mention the hours upon hours of video games and mindless jokes we made together. You'd think that would be a good friendship huh?" Michael ranted, his tears just getting worse.

"Why did he kill you then? You seemed like a good guy," Jeremy asked quietly.

"Well for starters, he had a little thing called a squip. I'm not explaining what that is to you, you can go ask yourself. Another thing is that I liked him and the squip took that as a little threat to his plan. Not to mention this," Michael shot a bolt of electricity at a nearby wall, causing it to crack.

"At the time I had revealed my feelings for him and he got all pissy about it, he later told me it was because of his squip, then we got into an argument and I accidentally revealed my power to him," Michael explained.

Jeremy nodded, listening intently.

"We tried to make things work but his squip convinced him that I was a "dangerous being that is a threat to humanity" so when he came over he "apologized", got my hopes up and then stabbed me, right in the damn heart," Michael finished, shaking more as he progressed his story.

"But what if he was right? What would you have done if you ended up killing someone by accident because of your power?" Jeremy asked, confident in his grandfather.

Michael's head snapped up with a glare and Jeremy knew he fucked up.

"Those are the same words that haunt me to this day and I'm a ghost. Imagine your own best friend being so terrified of you to the point that they shatter your feelings for them and then kill you afterwards," Michael hissed, floating closer to Jeremy.

Jeremy took a step back but felt his feet freeze in place.

"You are just as bad as him, ignorance is what will get you killed kid," Michael spoke, exerting energy into grabbing Jeremy's shirt and pulling him close.

"Your grandfather is nothing but a fucking liar and I will hate him and that entire family of his till the day I fade away," Michael shoved him back and turned away, running a hand in his hair.

"I bet he got with Christine, didn't he?" Michael asked quietly, looking back to see Jeremy nod, fear cemented into his face.

"Figured, she was a nice gal I guess, didn't always see what he saw in her but it's whatever I guess," Michael mumbled and recomposed himself.

Jeremy leaned to grab his gear when electricity was blasted at it and it blew up.

"I'm not disappearing a second time kid, now get the hell out of my house before I do something that I really don't want to. Oh, and by the way, tell your grandfather that I'm still here waiting. He'll know what I mean," Michael growled and vanished.

Jeremy jumped and quickly gathered his friends and dragging them out of the house, telling them the story while heading to his grandfather's house for an explanation.