CH. 19 Should I show her

(Anthony POV)

When I woke up, I wasn't expecting to find Aimee in my arms still, but that's where I found her.

I expected her to wake up before and be out of bed already.

I didn't move as soon as I woke up. I stayed still on the bed, unwilling to move because I didn't want to ruin the moment that I was experiencing right now.

I had Aimee in my arms. Fast asleep, her sleeping face was something that was beyond beautiful. She looked so peaceful sleeping, without any worries or problems going through her head.

My heart clenched on the memories from last night; the story she told me had me heartbroken for the first time in my life. 

I had the urge to hurt those people that hurt her.

How could people be that horrible? It angered me, made me feel powerless, and I didn't want to feel helpless when it came to her. I wanted to help Aimee with things that she needed help with.

To at least be there for her when she needs someone.

She fought for everything that she has right now. She fought for it, built it, worked hard on everything, and continues to do that every day.

It angered me knowing that she had a mole in her firm. After hearing her story, hearing the things that she had gone through, the things that she had not let overcome her. She didn't deserve the harsh treatments she was getting.

It upset me even more that someone felt the need to come into her firm, taking away her hard work and trying to bring her down when she doesn't deserve any of that.

She is a wonderful woman. I would make sure that mole gets found out; I would build a firewall for her firm database, so nothing like this ever happens again.

I felt a stir; my eyes widened, wondering if I had moved or done something that would cause her to stir, that would cause her to start waking up.

She moved her head up and opened her eyes, making direct eye contact with me.

Well, there goes hoping she didn't wake up soon and stayed lying in my arms.

She didn't pull away from my arms at all, to my surprise.

She leaned her head back on my chest; part of me was wondering if she was still half asleep.

I mean, for goodness sake, this was Aimee. There's no way the Aimee, who is up and alert, would go back to laying her head back on my chest.

I was going to keep on thinking she was half asleep, her behavior not typical of Aimee's behavior until she spoke.

"When did you wake up?" She asked me. My eyes widened. Not only taken back and stunned by her lying on my chest but by the fact that she was acting like it wasn't anything that serious.

She wasn't pulling away.

"I woke up a few minutes ago. I was thinking about getting on my laptop after breakfast and helping you find that mole," I said to her.

"Oh yeah? I guess it would be nice if you got started on it already so that you can focus the rest of your time on your family for the holidays, and how come you didn't wake me up when you woke up?" She asked me.

How should I even answer that?

"Well, you looked peaceful sleeping, and I didn't want to disturb that by waking you up," I said. To another surprise, she let out a small laugh.