CH. 16 Did he?

CH. 16 Did He?

(Aimee POV)

Oh, no-no-no. This is not happening; this is not happening at all!

How did I, Aimee Robinson, fall for this?

I always analyze my surroundings. How did I miss a freaking mistletoe?

It was by the front door, the same door we entered through, which did not make me feel any better.

Maybe I could get out of this somehow; I could perhaps say that I don't show public affection. Yeah, that will work.

As soon as I was ready to open my mouth, Anthony's Mom spoke.

"Aw, come on, you two, Anthony, you told me that you two can't keep your hands off each other, no matter where you guys are. I'm sure you two will be fine to do a kiss for the picture under the mistletoe surrounded by family." Anthony's mom said smiling, the rest of the family giggled at her comment.

My eyes widened, looking at Anthony, who was avoiding my eyes.

He looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

He told his mom we couldn't keep our hands off each other?!

What the hell? This guy went all the way out with this pretend girlfriend fantasy!

Anthony finally made eye contact with me, and I made sure he saw my quick furry. I smiled, quickly hiding it.

I don't want us to get caught by his family.

I took a glance at the family and noticed they were all waiting.

Each of them was smiling. Everyone looked happy, happy for Anthony.

It was his mother that got to me.

She was smiling proudly also; her eyes were sparkling and looked to be filled with joy.

That got to me, no matter how much Anthony had put me through.

His family does love him and wants him to be happy.

I guess this is going to have to happen.

I grabbed Anthony's arm, pulling him closer to me. I brought my hand toward the back of Anthony's head.

Pushed his head down to reach mine so I could kiss him.

What took me off guard was the soft lips that were against mine. His lips were so soft that it didn't even feel like I was touching flesh.

I felt Anthony wrap his arms around me.

I ignored the cheering going on in the background. I ignored the sound of photos being taken of us by his mom.

What I was paying attention to was that Anthony and I were kissing. What I noticed also was that this was Anthony's first kiss.

I could tell by the way he was nervously kissing me.

He was inexperienced, and I had to lead the kiss for his family to believe what he said about us supposedly not keeping our hands off each other was true. I moved my lips against Anthony's and took the lead.

A whimper came out of his mouth that had me taken back.

Fuck, that was an adorable sound.

I think it's enough, this kiss.

I pulled gently away from him, noticing that he was in a daze.

I felt my stomach flutter staring at his facial expression.