Hero

"Nika!!! Nika, I'm coming!!!"

"Help, Valt..!!"

The little girl yelled for her older brother as a huge storm and waves tried to take her out to sea. Her brother tried to swim out to her to save his sister. His sister that meant the world to him. He was her hero and Valt would do anything to keep her safe. But he couldn't be her hero this time...

The storm had finally settled down, as did the waves. The boy carried his dear sister to shore as he panted.

"We made it, Nika. You can open your eyes now."

The brother said as he gently set her down off his back, but there was no response, which scared Valt.

"Nika?"

Nothing.

"Nika, stop playing... Nika! Sis!!"

The girl's face was colorless and Valt noticed her chest wasn't rising. She was completely still. The blue haired boy started to panic and didn't know how to do CPR, and their parents were in the vacation house napping. He put his head to her chest, checked her pulse in her wrist and in her neck... Nothing was happening. He knew what she was.

"Nika..."

His eyes were filled with tears as he held his sister in his arms, his head against hers as his wet blue hair hung in their faces.

"I'm so sorry... Nika, I'm sorry..."

He hugged the six year old's lifeless body as the wind blew gently. His whole life was different from there on out.

Valt's parents were devastated about their daughter, but they didn't blame their son at all. He didn't deserve to be blamed, but he blamed himself anyway.

A few years went by and things were changing. His parents got a divorce and lived with his dad and his dad's girlfriend. Valt had developed depression and anxiety throughout the years since his sister's death. He just graduated high school with his best friend, Shu. This boy had gotten Valt into a sport called Beyblade, and since then, he's started hating his life less and less. At least, outside of his home.

After his parents' divorce, his father became an alcoholic and when he was drunk, he'd beat Valt. Every time that happened, he would go to his room and lock the door and remember how things were when his little sister was alive, and he missed his mom a lot. He wondered why she didn't let him go with her when his parents split up, she would never tell Valt the reason.

Valt's father had gotten better about drinking after being with his new girlfriend for a few months, and that meant Valt wasn't getting beaten by his father.

-

"Ready Shu?"

"To win? Yeah!"

"Pfft. 3... 2... 1, let it... RIP!"

They counted down in unison. Shu and Valt were at the park for Beyblade training. Shu's bey was Legend Spryzen, and Valt's bey was Genesis Valtryek. The boys loved to blade and now they had more time to do it since they were out of high school.

The two bladers met at school at the beginning of their sophomore year in Gym class. They'd been best friends for years and Shu had never been to Valt's place. If anything, Valt was protecting him from his dad. Even though he was breaking away from the alcohol, his dad still had a temper in general and Valt didn't want Shu around that.

"Go Valtryek!"

The blue haired boy cheered.

"Come on Spryzen!"

The red bey flew in the air and burst in the process as the blue bey continued to spin in the stadium.

"Yes!"

"Shit!"

Shu sighed.

"You're getting a lot stronger Valt. I'm surprised at how seriously you've been taking training."

The white haired boy smiled as he praised his best friend. Valt gave him a smile back as they both grabbed their beys.

"Ready for another go?"

Valt asked as he got in position to launch.

"We've been blading for hours, let's take a break."

"Alright, fine."

The duo sat under a cherry blossom tree. There were pink pedals all over the ground and they continued to fall off the tree. Valt spoke.

"So, did you like my mom when you met her at graduation?"

"Yeah, she's really nice. I'm surprised you don't live with her instead of your dad."

Valt gave a light shrug.

"I didn't have a choice. My mom wanted me to stay with my dad 'cause I was just a reminder."

He trailed off near the end.

"A reminder of what, your dad?"

"I'm nothing like my dad!"

"That's not what I meant Valt, I'm sorry! What are you apparently a reminder of to your mom??"

Shu asked again. Valt looked down at the ground as he played with a blossom pedal.

"Nothing."

The albino boy stared at his friend that now seemed upset. Shu didn't mean to set him off, he was just curious was all. Shu scooted closer to Valt and draped his arm around his shoulder.

"Hey, don't forget the Beyblade tournaments are soon. I'm battling you, yes?"

Brown eyes met with Shu's red ones as they both smiled.

"Hell yeah! Your ass is losing though."

"You're on some shit if you think that's true bud."

The boys playfully trash talked each other as they stood up and headed out of the park as it was getting darker. Before the two went their separate ways to go home, they hugged and touched beys like they always did. They would text each other later tonight.

Valt walked through the door and saw his dad and his girlfriend were in the kitchen. Valt and his dad's girlfriend didn't get along. What he really hated was that she and his mom shared the same name, Chiharu. Valt always called her 'Chiharu 2'.

"Where've you been?"

His dad asked as he walked in the door.

"I was hanging out with Shu, like I do just about everyday."

"Your little boyfriend?"

Chiharu 2 said in a mocking tone.

"He's not my boyfriend, but if we were dating, at least I'd be getting more dick than you, bitch!"

Valt retorted as he smirked and walked into his room, shutting the door behind him.

-------------
I had to add that last part lmao.

Okay, so I hope y'all like this first chapter to my new Shalt book. It's based off a series I've watched but it's not gonna be exactly like it.

Ex: In the series the main character's sister did die but in a completely different way. What you see written here was actually my theory for how she died but I was way off and I really liked my theory so I just put it in my story instead 😁

Anyway, prepare for a good bit of inappropriate sexual jokes guys and sad shit. I'm gonna work on the next chapter now!