“I don’t,” he shot out.

“Then what’s with the alleviated face?”

“I just thought,” he began muttering and tightened his ponytail.

“You just thought what, Kee?”

“That if…” He was now looking at the floor. “If you knew for sure that you are not gay, then there was…”

“There was what, Kee?”

“There was still hope,” he concluded, his gaze going all over the room yet somehow managing to fly past me.

“Hope that I’d go back to liking girls only?”

“Well, yeah.” His eyes finally landed on my face and he looked guilty. “I’ll be there to support you if you are bi, Sky, but if you like guys, I’ll always feel nervous that you might fall for me and when those kind of feelings are one-sided, people get hurt. I don’t want to hurt you Sky. If it wasn’t too sappy, I’d tell you that you are the closest friend I’ve ever had. Maybe not the best ‘cause you are like a little kid and I constantly have to keep an eye on you, but the closest; the one I can share most with without feeling too awkward.”

“Oh, Kee…”

“You are not going to hug me, are you?” He asked as I’d taken a step towards him.

“Well, now I’m not,” I commented through a giggle and his lips curved up.

“Good; that’s way too sentimental. The pale yellow one,” he added as I’d turned back to the wardrobe. “If you are not wearing the pink one, put the yellow shirt on; goes with your hair.”

I turned around to thank him for the tip but he was already in the living room.

*****

“Party, party, party. Party, party, party,” I hummed in a random tune as we waited for our turn to be let in.

“Stop doing that, will you?” My roommate asked. He shook his head and his eyes fell on the twenty-something years old guy who stood behind us in the line. He winked at Kee and my roommate instinctively glued himself to me, making the unknown guy and his slightly younger companion laugh.

“He’s not going to eat you, Kee,” I noted, trying to hold back my giggles. He was already this close to leaving and getting back to the apartment; I didn’t want to risk it by making fun of him.

“He might bite you though,” the younger and blond one noted. “So could I but you’ll enjoy it.”

Their eyes blatantly checked Keegan out and given the similar amused and cocky smirks on their faces, I figured they’d decided to jest with him. He did stand out in the crowd; he was the only one looking like he was going to an important exam for which he had not studied instead of awaiting a night of entertainment.

“I’m Sky,” I decided to introduce myself. “And this is my friend Kee.”

Only a friend?” The younger one asked.

“And here we thought he was in love with you; he just gives off such a gay vibe,” the bearded guy with the brown hair jested.

Now that they’ve both spoken, I noticed another difference apart from their hair color – Blondie spoke with an American accent and Mr. Brunet with a British one.

“Are you two related?” I inquired. Even though they looked different, they had a very similar demeanor.

“No,” Mr. Brunet replied, slightly surprised.