Ch.7

'The human will live, but will most likely see their dragons death as something they could have prevented. 

The dragon's power and life force transfers to the rider. 

If I die, know that it was not your fault and you could not have done anything to stop it.'

'I know. I can't imagine a life without you though.

 You have become such a constant in my life that I don't think I can live without you. 

I don't think I could make it through this journey without you.'

'That's why we are going to get help from others. Before my carrier died, he would tell me stories. 

Stories about a group of humans who like dragons. Striving to help them survive, and to protect them against the Dil Dhadakne.'

'Who are they?'

'They call them the Dil Consulere. Meaning the protectors. 

The Dil Dhadakne are threatened by them, but they have strict orders to not back down.'

'Who is their master?'

'My carrier spoke of an ancient evil. One that is not human. One that is said to draw power from the Dil Dhadakne. That is how he controls them.

 We have killed one. Once we kill the other three, he will be weak enough to kill. 

Then we can live in peace. However, we must be careful. It is also said that he has a dragon of his own.

 It is not his dragon, however.'

'How is it not his dragon?'

'Remember how I said he controls the Dil Dhadakne?' I nodded my head.

 'He controls the dragon too. He is the cause of death and sorrow on this earth. He has earned the name Shade.

 It means angel of shadows. However, he is far from an angel. 

He captures and tortures mortals. Once he gets bored, he kills them. 

He is the most evil being to ever exist.'

I pondered that for a few minutes. Wondering what I would do after all this is over.

 Would I want to go back to my old life, or would I want to stay with Azora? 

I was broken out of my thoughts by Azora contacting me.

'We are here.'