“No.” David chuckles darkly.

“I’d figured I’d see you some day, with your actual consent, so I decided I could wait a few years.” Heat rushes to my cheeks and I look down, embarrassed.

“So…… Let’s get on with the tiebreaker.” I say awkwardly.

“Which game should we play?”

We end up picking Just Dance, because all of the other games I hadn’t played before, David hadn’t played before, or they were only single player.

“Let’s play Just Dance 5.” David says, holding up an unopened case.

“How did you get that?” I ask.

“They haven’t even announced its release yet.”

David just smiles and says “I have my ways. This would be a good tiebreaker, since neither of us have played it before, but we’re both familiar with the series.”

“Well…. Okay, fine.” I say. I’m actually pretty good at Just Dance, so this will be a piece of cake.

“But we should both do a solo to warm up, and then the tiebreaker will be a duet. Deal?”

“Deal.”

David puts the game in and selects it in the menu. We look through all of the songs, then decide which ones to do. David ends up doing People by AWOLNATION, and he was actually really good. He was definitely better than I thought he would be. I do Cover Up by Imagine Dragons, and the whole time I can feel David’s eyes staring at me. After I’m done, we decide to do a warm up with a duet, since there is a different mode for duets in this version. We do Nicotine by Panic! At The Disco and Party Poison by My Chemical Romance for our warm ups.

“So, are you ready to get your butt kicked?” I cockily ask David.

“Never in your wildest dreams, Love.” David sneers. We decide to do Just Give Me A Reason by P!nk and Nate Reuss. As we dance to the music, our bodies dance in unison, getting perfect on all of the moves. I find it kind of ironic that David, the psycho stalker, and I, the self harm freak, are dancing to this song. The song is all about imperfect people and their imperfect love. There’s a line that says We’re not broken, just bent, and we can learn to love again, and it seems so relatable. We are both ‘bent’ in a sense, so it seems fitting to dance to this song.

At the very end of the song, I trip on my own feet like an idiot and start to fall backwards. David catches me by the waist, and for a moment we stare into each other’s eyes. As I look into David’s bright green eyes, I see longing, lust, and… what might have been… love. David pulls me up slowly as he leans in. I don’t know what to do. I can’t breathe. I can’t move. I can’t think. All I can do is watch helplessly as David’s lips meet mine. After a few moments of me not reacting, David slightly moves his lips from mine.

“Kiss back.” He growls. I immediately unfreeze and spring into action. I kiss David back and wrap my arms around his neck. Our lips move in sync as David’s arms rub up and down my back. Suddenly, the door opens, and Marsa starts to speak.

“Master, miss, it’s time for dinne-“ She stops talking mid- sentence as she realizes what we’re doing. David and I break apart, thoroughly embarrassed.

“Oh, sorry master! I won’t disturb you again.” Marsa quickly closes the door and I can hear her running down the hallway. David laughs quietly as he lets go of me.

“You have no idea how long I’ve waited for that.” David takes my hand and squeezes it reassuringly. We both look at the TV screen and see it still has our dance scores up.