Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

            I wake up the next morning to the sound of David’s soft snoring. I open my eyes up to see Ben’s face right in front of me. I jump up and hit my head on David’s headboard, and Ben laughs.

            “Nice one, Juliette.” Ben says, chuckling. David stirs in his sleep, and both Ben and I freeze.
            “Go.” I whisper to Ben.

            “Meet me after breakfast in the courtyard. Got it?” Ben nods and glitches out. David opens his eyes and looks at me.

            “Good morning, Love.” He says sleepily.

            “Good morning, David. Get up, it’s time for breakfast.” David groans.

            “Can’t we just skip breakfast?” He whines.

            “No.” I say sternly.

            “Now get up and get dressed. I’ll meet you at the top of the stairs in ten minutes. Got it?”

            “Okay, if you say so.” David says, sighing. I smile.

            “See you later.” I get out of David’s bed and walk down to my room. As I’m looking in my closet for something to wear, I notice I’m still wearing the funeral dress. I decide to keep it, as it is a really pretty dress. I change into a Pierce The Veil T-shirt and black jeans. I step out of my room and see Marsa come out of her room.

            “Hey Marsa.” I say.

            “Hi Juliette.” Marsa responds. There is an awkward silence.

            “Well, I got to go make breakfast now. Bye.” Marsa hurries down the stares and I furrow my eyebrows. What was that about? She seemed nervous about something. I wonder what.

            As I continue to wait for David, Chloe appears at her bedroom door and walks over to me.

            “Hey Juliette.” Chloe says.

            “Hey Chloe.”

            “I got to go help Marsa make breakfast. See you in a few.”

            “See you.” Chloe walks down the stairs and I sigh. How long is David going to take? After a few more minutes, I get impatient and walk back to David’s room. I knock on the door. No answer.

            “David, hurry up.” I say impatiently. Still nothing. I sigh and tap my foot. What is taking him so long?

            I finally decide to open the door and see David with his back to me, naked.

            “David, hu- Oh my gosh I’m sorry I’ll go wait outside!” I say quickly, slamming the door shut. I can feel heat rush to my cheeks as I lean against the door. I’m so stupid. Of course he was changing! What else would he be doing, traveling through  Narnia?

            After a few more minutes of waiting, the door opens and David comes out, a smirk plastered on his face.

            “Juliette, if you really wanted me that much, you could have just said so.” He says, causing me to blush even more.

            “Shut up.” I say. We walk down the hallway and down the stairs. We walk into the dining room, hand in hand.

            “Good morning, David.” Chloe says.