Chapter Thirty-One

(A/N we're gonna pretend Shawn hasn't written 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' okay? Okay)

-----

I awake the next morning by the sound of my phone ringing, a facetime call.
Dorky Mendes:
answer // decline
I laugh silently at the contact name before pressing the 'answer' button.
"Hi!" I say as the call connects.
"Hey Lilia," He smiles, "I was wondering if you could help me with something?"
"Sure! What with?" I then notice that I'm still in bed, wearing my pyjamas. "Hold on one sec." I drop my phone on my bed and run into my walk-in-robe to change clothes.
"Okay, I'm back. So what do you need help with?" I ask as I pick my phone up and sit on my couch.
He pauses for a moment before explaining. "I need you to help me write a song. I have the inspiration to write and I've already written the chorus and a few other parts."
He wants my help to write a song? Why? I've never written one in my life. "Sure."
Shawn looks surprised. "Really?"
I nod my head. "Yeah. It'll be fun. Have you come up with a title?"
An unual look passes through his eyes. "I've named it I Know What You Did Last Summer."
The way he said the title makes me think there's something behind it.
"Right. Okay. And what's the song about?" I ask, curious. It's not like he found out, right? I mean, if he has and he tells someone my reputation will be ruined.
"You'll find out," is all he says.
"O-kay. What's the chorus?" He picks up his guitar and starts to sing.

"I know what you did last summer
Just lied to me, "there's no other"
I know what you did last summer
Tell me where you've been
I know what you did last summer
Look me in the eyes, my lover
I know what you did last summer
Tell me where you've been"

Now it really seems like he knows.

-)(- Flashback -)(-
-)(- Six Years Ago -)(-
-)(- 13/4/2012 -)(-

I was at a party. Nothing unusual. Especially when you take after your older brother. Yes, I'm talking about you Henry. One of my best friends at the time, Marissa, had invited me to this really big party at her friend, Daniel's house. There were a lot of people there. Me being the rebellious seventeen year old I was, snuck out of the palace to come. Marissa and our other friends, Jessica, Ebony, Mackenzie and Annabel, though it was about time that I got into a relationship, knowing full-well that I was royal. So, the whole night was spent with them pointing out guys, even though I had continuously told them otherwise.
Ebony and Jessica were completely drunk and had left the party, with guys should I say, while Marissa, Mackenzie and Annabel were still trying to find someone for me.
"Riss! What about him? He'd be perfect!" Annabel had said to Marissa, pointing to an older guy, about nineteen.
"Yes! Lilia, you has better go over there and charm him otherwise I'll do it for you," Riss told me.
I, on the other hand, had thought it was a terrible idea. "Yeah, no. That ain't happening girls. It's already midnight. I need to get home."
That comment made them drag me toward him. I remember the rough way he had said 'hi' to us and the smirk he had. Oh dear lord. That smirk. I hated it. I still do. It was one of those smirks that made shivers run down your spine. And not in a good way. I was freaked out, but would I admit it? No. I was too stubborn. The three girls had left me with him. He had bought me drinks. Quite a few, actually. By the end of the night I was pretty drunk. Seven drinks and seven too many. Those seven drinks had lead to us going to his place and having a one night stand. Let's just say, stuff happened that night and I left at three in the morning to rush home. I don't think he knew who I was then, but he definately recognised be when he applied for the job as the Royal Gardener. I learned his name was Lucien.

-)(- End Of Flashback -)(-

"Lili? Lilia? Eulilia? Princess? Eulilia Rose something something something!" I got snapped back to reality by Shawn's yelling.
"Hm?" I made a questioning sound.
"Gosh. Where were you?" He asks, referring to when I was daydreaming.
"In the past. Tell me. How do you know? Who told you?" I interrogated the singer.
He looked confused. "Know what?"
"Don't play dumb with me, Mendes. Who told you what happened six years ago?" I snap, making him flinch behind the camera.
He replied with one word. One miserble, stupid word. "Lucien."
"How? How did he ever get in contact with you? And when? When did that idiot tell you?" I ask.
"Instagram, yesterday. Thirty-first of August."
"Why?"
"Why what?"
"Why did he tell you?" I had tears brimming my eyes now. Six years ago I made the biggest mistake of my life. I regret it deeply. Does my family know? Of course not! They'd kill me!
"He said I was 'getting too close to you'." He uses airquotes. "Don't worry Lils. I won't tell anyone. Now, can we work on this song?"