Airports are places that feel timeless with people bustling around, checking watches, charging devices for long flights, sleeping in uncomfortable chairs, no clocks on the walls other than the big boards with the flights. 

All of which say postponed or cancelled, but the airport isn't busy. It's not jam packed with people. Most are driving out to the city, but Tony knows he can't do that. There's too big of a chance of him being recognized and paparazzi and photographers, and with how anxious Peter seems, Tony doesn't want to risk it. 

So they find a relatively nice spot where they can sit where they can hear announcements for any plane's departure if need be, but where there's not many people in sight. No other loud noises to make Peter too anxious or worse, send him into a sensory overload. 

The bench isn't comfortable. Wooden, cold, no back support. The airport seems to have their air conditioning up too high so Peter's got goosebumps within minutes. With the spider bite came the inability to thermoregulate as well as regular people, so despite the sweater and the thick sweatpants, he's trembling by the time the first hour passes. 

"Hey, kiddo? You want me to go buy you a blanket? You're shaking," Tony finally asks, looking up from his Starkphone where he had been talking to his friends about what was happening and trying to see if his meetings could get postponed.

Peter flushes at the words, wrapping his arms tighter around his stomach to try to conceal his obvious shivers. "I'm okay."

"No, you're not. Come here," Tony sighs, opening his arms for the teenager. 

Peter doesn't need to be told twice, diving into the hero's arms and burrowing his head into Tony's chest. Tony's arms wrap tightly around his kid's shoulders and back, trying to somehow push his warmth into the kid's body. 

They sit like that for a while, only shifting when Tony's back starts to ache in the awkward position of the bench. 

"You hungry?" Tony asks, ruffling the kid's hair. 

He pulls away and looks up with his big, bambi eyes. "Are you?"

Tony rolls his eyes. "I asked you first."

"Fine, yeah. A little bit. Fries?" Peter questions, body more relaxed than before from the much needed hug from his mentor.

Tony nods and pulls himself to his feet, back cracking with his movements. Tony groans as he stretches, glaring at the kid as though daring him to say something. 

Peter lifts his hands in surrender, a teasing smile on his lips. "I was definitely not going to say anything about how you're getting old."

Tony rolls his eyes again, he seems to do that a lot around Peter. "I swear to god, kid."

"That's not very nice, Mister Stark," Peter says, smiling innocently. 

"Where'd you get this sarcasm from?" Tony asks, shaking his head.

"I have absolutely no idea, Mister Stark. It definitely was not from you," Peter says, sticking out his tongue and giggling. 

"C'mere, kid. We've got a mission. Finding a place to buy fries."

*

An hour and a half later, the storm is hitting and Peter is not happy about that.

Peter would never admit it to Tony Stark. Would never admit it to Iron Man. That he had fears. That he was terrified of storms. After his parents died, he got freaked out every time a storm would hit. Thunder making him flinch and lightning making him squeeze his eyes shut for fear of seeing his parents in the light the electricity casts across the dark corners of the room.