Vikklan- Confess

Lachlan's P.O.V.

I kicked at the couch in the living room, furious. Nothing that day had gone well that day, everything that I did seemed to fail and all I wanted to do was to give up everything right then and then and go to sleep.

I had been recording for almost 4 hours, doing a challenge for a Fortnite video, and I hadn't won any games in that time span. I figured I'd just use all of the footage for a fail montage instead, but as it turns out my facecam corrupted and my screen recording crashed, losing all of the footage that I had filmed.

Then my computer gave me the blue screen of death and I gave up, wanting to throw my chair across the room. I stumbled down the stairs and into the living room, not even wanting to look at my computer any longer, beginning to kick things around.

At first I kicked at the couch, then at a book lying on the ground, then at a beanbag and finally I collapsed backwards into an armchair, burying my head in my arms, wanting to cry. I could feel the angry tears pricking in the corners of my eyes and I wiped them away fiercely, not wanting anyone to see me.

I lay on the couch in silence for a few minutes, allowing myself the time I needed to calm down. It took a little while but eventually my breathing slowed and the angry tears disappeared, calm returning to me and my thoughts clearing, allowing me to think straight.

I decided to give myself some time before trying to go back to recording and I pulled my phone and earbuds from my pocket, plugging them in and pushing a bud into each of my ears. I went for some calm but upbeat music and closed my eyes, pulling my arms over my head to block the light from my eyes.

A few minutes later I heard footsteps through my music and then a hand was placed on my shoulder. I looked up.

"Hey Vikk." I mumbled, closing my eyes again.

"Hey Lachy, you okay? I saw you before, you looked mad." I nodded.

"Spent 4 hours recording, didn't win any games and then my facecam and screen recording both corrupted so I couldn't even use that for a fail montage or anything." I groaned, hating even thinking about how long I had spent to get nothing out of it. He sat down on the arm of the chair beside me.

"That sucks." He paused. "I'm glad you decided to step away though, I probably would have kept recording." He laughed, patting my shoulder gently and a little awkwardly.

"You probably would have, yeah." I mumbled back, happy that he was there.

He was really good at comforting me, he had done it on multiple occasions before when things went wrong or I got upset over something or other and he always seemed to know the right thing to say. He always had something to cheer me up, whether it was a stupid story or comforting words.

"Do you want something to eat?" He asked.

"Nah." I mumbled again. "I'll have something to drink though. Don't want anything to eat."

"Okay." He helped me to my feet and lead me to the kitchen, looking around the room.

"Hot or cold? I've got hot chocolate if you want it." I nodded.

"Hot chocolate sounds good, thanks Vikk." I rested my head on the bench as Vikk boiled the kettle, taking out two mugs and placing a tea bag in one and a few spoonfuls of hot chocolate powder in the other.

Once it boiled he poured the water into the two mugs, a splash of milk in each, and then he slid my mug across the bench until it was resting right in front of my face. I played with a spoon in the drink and occasionally took a sip but I mostly ignored it, once I had it I realised that I didn't actually want to drink it.