Anna and Jason: Part 1

Intro: What could possibly happen when you're walking past Rockefeller center? See a big tree, kids ice skating with their parents ... Well, this Christmas I found the hottest guy and I ended up following him back home, weird right? But in my defense, he took my bag by mistake and it looks like we live awfully close.

It's just me, Anna, your neighborhood stalker.

-

I love Christmas. I love winter. I love the snow.

Did I ever mention that Christmas is my favorite holiday?

I absolutely love New York during Christmas time, I love taking long walks from Rockefeller Center back to my apartment at Central Park. I love holding a hot chocolate from Starbucks on my way, and I love walking my dog on the snow.

It's just another day. Me on my way home with my best friend, Snowball. I just got off work and yes, I could take the train but I love to walk and seeing all the Christmas lights and decorations. I pick up Snowball from dog school on the way, but today there's no time for hot chocolate. In fact, it would be very difficult to hold it when I'm carrying my huge briefcase.

Sometimes I hate being a lawyer, just sometimes.

"I know Snowball, just hold on a little longer," I push his leash again. Snowball is very lazy sometimes. They must have worked him on the dog school today.

He stops walking near Rockefeller center and I'm forced to stop next to a huge line of people waiting for some coffee. I put my briefcase down and get closer to Snowball "Come on buddy, you're too big for me to hold, plus, it would be very difficult with my briefcase," he looks at me and I chuckle "Come on, just a little bit. I'll give you a treat," his ears perk up. That's my good boy.

Just as I'm getting up I feel somedy hitting me "I'm sorry, miss," a deep voice fills my ears and a huge warm hand holds me in place "It's okay," I smile but my smile falls as I take a look at the man in front of me. Sweet baby Jesus.

I pick my briefcase back up but when I look up again the man is gone, leaving me to face his back, a very nice one, by the way. What do I do?

I follow him, because that's completely normal, and also because he's walking the path to my apartment.

I see him get on the building right next to mine. This hot guy has been living next to me? Impossible. Whatever Anna, you have priorities such as fantasizing about his dark scruff and his honey color eyes, maybe his big structure and what a nice ass he has.

Snowball curls on top of the couch as I put my briefcase down on the table and open it "I know you want your treat just let me take a couple of cases out,"

This briefcase is not mine. Jason Langdon. What the hell? Although, the firm is the same as mine.

"Carlos? Hi, can you give me the address of Jason Langdon? I got his briefcase by accident,"

"Of course, Anna, hold on just a second." I can hear him type fast "Actually, looks like Jason lives the next building. You two are neighbors. He's on the last floor."

"Really? Ah, thank God. Stop by with Kevin for dinner one of these days. Okay?"

"Sure, don't worry. Have fun with Mr. Langdon."

"What was that?" I chuckle.

"Nothing. We'll schedule the dinner, tomorrow."

"Okay, Carlos, thanks," I hang up the phone and put it on the table.

Walking to the next building with Jason's briefcase is not easy. Everybody is coming off work and the elevators are full.

Finally arriving at his floor I knock on the door, I adjust the briefcase on my hands only to be surprised when he pushes me inside "What the fuck?" I push him back and drop the briefcase on the way.

"I missed my little sister, come on, Kells," he chuckles.

"Uh, okay..." I look at him weirdly.

"Oh, shit. Not my little sister. I'm so sorry again," he chuckles again and that voice reminds me of the voice I listened to not so long ago. It can't be.

"We meet again," I laugh "I got your briefcase somehow, I was supposed to be working on my cases but I ended up with yours," I pick up the briefcase and give it to him "Any luck, you got mine by mistake?"

He doesn't answer, matter of fact, he doesn't do anything but stare at me. I raise my brow and move my hand in front of his eyes "You awake buddy? Are you in the middle of sniffing some coke?" he laughs.

"No, just got taken by. What's your name?"

"I don't think that's necessary,"

"I must know you're name if I got your briefcase, how else will I know?"

"It's Anna, Anna Maxwell."

"Anna Maxwell," he whispers as he opens the briefcase "Sure, this is yours, darling," he gives me my briefcase back.

"Thanks, I guess," I'm already in the hallway but his voice stops me.

"Why don't you come in for some coffee? I'm so terribly sorry, for everything."

"It's okay," I wave him off.

"I must insist,"

And how can I say no? To that face? To that body? God help me.