Chapter 17

Warning for this chapter.

Nikki's POV

"I still can't believe you got your body hair lasered!" Emma whines as we walk down the road to the beach.I can't help but chuckle at her childish tone.

"Well believe it.I do not have to shave any of my body parts ever again." I tease her and she pouts.I'm starting to regret opening up this conversation.After the talk we had,she forced me to wear  my swimmwear so we can swim when we will eventually go to the beach.She went all crazy on me when she realized i don't own any razor.

"When I asked my mother to let me to got it lasered she went all doctor on me." she scoffs." 'Your hair protects your body and skin,there is no way you removing it.I don't even. understand why you shaving it.Just be natural honey.' " Εmmas says in a squeaky tone.

I stop walking just to laugh at  Emma's mom impersonation."Don't laugh!" she laughs too.

"Sorry." I wipe the a tear from the corner of my eye.When i finally look up to her I she her smile turn into a confused frown."What?" i ask.

"You never talk about your parents." she says in a sad tone.What am I supposed to say now? I should stop being in denial,right?

Yeah I should and I'll start by telling Emma.

It takes me a few seconds before I finally answer."My parents died in a car accident..." I reply in a serious but quiet tone.

I see her eyes immediately water up.She has to be the most emotional human being I've met so far.Her mouth open in an 'o' shape and before i can proceed she pulls me into a tight hug.A few seconds pass till she speaks up again.

"I am,truly,sorry for you loss Nikki." she mutters in my hair.For the first time,she is the first person who I feel like she means it.I sigh in relief and she grips me tighter.

"Thank you." I mumble.My emotions take over me again and i try to fight the tears.I pull back from her embrace and rub my eyes with back of my hand."I'm sorry,it's just too fresh and i don't know how to deal with it." I chuckle at myself.She looks at me unhappily.Her eyes full of questions.

"When did it happen?' she picks up her nails.Another question.

Fuck it's harder than I thought.

"Last week..." the tears involintary fall,without me crying.

A gasp escapes her lips and a hand covers her mouth."Don't say anything.Please.." I plead.I honestly don't want to hear anything that will bring me a step closer to crying again.She mutters an okay which is followed by an understanding nod.

We start walking again.Emma lightly grips my elbow.It's a gesture to show me that she's here.

"You know,just because they're not here it doesn't mean you can't talk about them." she says quietly."I don't want to pressure you but you can talk to me,whenever you want to."

It's nice to know someone is willing to stand by you,even if you're not planning on opening up.It's just nice.

"Thank you,Emma.A lot." I reply,my eyes on the beach as we getting closer.We cross the road carefully though there is no cars on the sight."Wow.There are so many people here already." I turn to Emma amazed.

"Yeah,it's so hot today,everyone wants to swim.And Harry is already here."

"Where?" my eyes search for him.

"I don't know.Niall texted me,they're all together." she explains.

"All? Liam too?" 

"No.Liam's here with Louis." she pulls out her phone.My stomach twists at the sound of Louis name."Amanda is with them too." she adds completely focused on her phone.