Chapter 15

Nikki's POV

Next morning I wake up,by the wake up bells,at 7 am.I go straight to the bathroom and wait for Emma to get out.For a second I'm thinking about going to the shared showers but no,there is no way I'm going there.Emma finally gets out,perfectly dressed up and with a smile on her face.While I go through some of the texts Natalie sent me last night,informing about Lillian's  upcoming visit.

"Good morning." she smiles and I force my best smile in response.

"Good morning,Emma." I get in the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

What can I say,I'm not a morning person and Emma would have agreed if I proposed her to go on skydiving right now.

"Hey,Nikki,I'm taking our clothes to the laundry room.Don't go,I'll be right back." she says from the other side of the door.

Okay maybe it's alright that she's a morning person,I had completely forgot about doing my laundry.

The water is turned on,hitting my bare body with force and silence makes the stinging on my chest grow.I should have been happy.No,I should have been beyond happy...I mean Alex came,my Alex,my first...my everything.I was,literally,dreaming about seeing him after these couple years.There were going to be sparks and fast heart beating and clicking.

Yes.

Clicking.

I should have kissed him.

And he was going to kiss me back.And it was going to be a hell of kiss.A kiss that would make me forget everything and everyone.It was going to be such an amazing kiss.Yeah.Better than Harry's.

Right? Right.

The shower is quick or maybe I got lost in my thoughts again and didn't realize time passing.I dry myself quickly and dress up in my uniform.

As I'm out,I face an irritated Emma.

"What's wrong?" I ask in husky tone.Blame the sleep.

"We're late Nikki,that's what's wrong." she puts her hands on her hips."C'mon on,take your books so we can leave." still sleepy I'm caught off guard so I comply to her orders and after I gather my books we leave the room.

At 7.30 we're already in the dining hall waiting in the lunch line.Maybe this is a right moment to start asking questions.Sure,we talked about me helping her and Liam,but I'm full of questions.

"Emma?"

"Let's have a seat firstly." she doesn't bother to look at me,her eyes fixed on the lady behind the counter.

She looks suspiciously zoned out.

After we're served we take our trays and Emma motions me to follow her,as she's going to take a seat to the table where all her friends sit.I stiil myself.

Okay this is getting weird.

"Emma,what's going on?"  

"What do you mean?" she turns her body to me.

"I'm not going to sit there,apparently." I humorlessly chuckle.

"Why not?" she looks hurt and I'm at a loss of words.I look around and witness Zayn sitting on a table alone.

Thank you.

"I'll go sit with Zayn.You can come if you want to..." I suggest and a small laugh escapes her lips.

"Zayn can't stand me,Nikki." she whispers."Please,come and sit with us." she pleads.Her eyes move from the table,where her friends sit,to me.I take a glance over there and witness an confused Amanda,the blonde stands and looks at me and Emma.