Chapter Eight: Forced Down Memory Lane

Once I was a good distance away from Seam's shop, I sat down on the grass, buried my face in my hands, and screamed.

SEAM WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME THE WHOLE GOD DAMN TIME! AND JEVIL WAS THE JESTER THAT MADE MY LIFE WORTH LIVING WHEN I WAS LITTLE! WHAT THE FLYING FUCK HAPPENED WHILE I WAS BEING A STUPID FUCKING KID?!

I punched the ground next to me and hissed loudly in anger and annoyance. Fucking hell how dense can you be as a kid? I quickly took a moment to calm myself and pulled out my drawstring bag. Opening it, I dropped the piece of silver into the bag and rummaged around for my back of chocolate, only to freeze at what I found.

The reason the piece that Seam had given me was so familiar was because I already had the other two pieces.

I smiled brightly and laughed. Hell yeah! Just need to find the blacksmith and get him to fix this shit for me! Malius should be easy to find, he's always around when the bake sale's in session.

I stand up and put away my drawstring bag, spinning on my heel and heading towards the door. I still don't understand how the hell that thing fucking works but eh, some things you'll never understand no matter how much ya try.

I forced the all too familiar booths of the bake sale into my mind as I closed my eyes and opened the door, closing it quickly behind me and smiling as I heard the familiar banter among the soldier's manning the booths. They were the only soldiers I knew of that wouldn't bother attacking me, the Hathy that maned one of the booths being the only one left that held any sort of loyalty to the family of hearts. It was quite refreshing.

I nodded at the two soldiers manning the booths and made my way north, smiling as I saw the all to familiar face of Malius. One of the few people I could trust with my life, he was the one person who seemed to maintain some sort of moral code throughout all this insanity.

"Hey Malius."

"Well well well! Welcome back (Y/N)! It has been a while. That necklace of your's need fixing already?" My hand reached up to my pendant and I took a deep breath.

"No. I have something else that needs fixing." I pulled out my drawstring bag and snagged the three pieces out of the bag, holding it out to him.

"Think this is fixable?"

"Anything can be fixed my friend. Huh-hah! Let's feel my technique!" With a couple squeaks, the pieces of silver were fixed into a small key. I smiled and picked it up, only for Malius to put a hand on my shoulder to stop me in my tracks.

"What is it?"

"This key has a terrible energy coming from it. Please understand that I only fixed it... so that you will never have to use it." I smiled and sighed.

"I know you're worried Malius, but I can handle myself. I'm not the little girl who you needed to protect at all costs anymore. I can defend myself." He sighed and nodded, messing with my hair.

"I know. Just... be careful."

"I will be." I waved goodbye to him made my way back to the door, dropping the key into my drawstring bag so I wouldn't lose it. Taking a deep breath, I forced the image of the castle in my mind and walked through the door, hesitantly closing it behind me. No turning back now.

It was still early in the morning, so the guards hadn't started their usual routes around the castle, which I was very thankful for. I snuck into the castle with ease, making my way to the elevator with no resistance.

I pressed the unlabeled button and soon made my way down to Jevil's floor. I gently squeezed the pendant around my neck before stepping out of the elevator, making my way down to the cell door.