11

Sofia's POV

"Wake up young lady! Your uncle's down stairs!" the maid said. I automatically sat up.

What?! What tim---shoot! It's already 9 am! I'm dead! He told me to get ready at 8.

I immediately took a shower and let the maid prepare my clothing.

---

"As expected, You're always so tardy Irene. " he said as soon as I went down the stairs. He stood up since he was seated before I came. I gave him a very sweet smile.

He loves to call me Irene. Only him and my parents calls me by my second name. It's kind of a rule for me.. Only selected people can call me Irene.

"I'm so sorry hehe. It's our Midterm exams tomorrow so I went to sleep late. " i explained.

"It's fine. You're graduating this school year right?" he asked. Yep! And it's been a year since I left that School. Alot of things happened.

I nodded happily.
"finally! Someone who can accompany me in handling the company!" he said in relief.

I promised him that I'll help him with our family business once I graduate from school so he could have time to look for a girlfriend haha.

"Yes. Just  wait a little bit more then you'll gonna have time to look for your soon to be wife, uncle " i said. He didn't reply. He just pinched my cheeks and smile.

"Come on! We're going to be late." he said as he went out.
---

"What are we doing here, Uncle?" I asked. We are now entering a restaurant. It's so nice in here.
It' so elegant.

"We're going to meet your parents' lawyer. She's gonna tell you about your parents' will." he explained.

"She?" i asked. He nodded.

"She called me yesterday but I haven't meet her yet. But I'm pretty sure she's a girl based on her voice. " he answered.

We were ushered to our table.
We saw a girl smiling at us.

"Hello Ms

"Hello Ms. Bae.. Hello Mr. Byun." she greeted us. She's so beautiful..i look at the guy beside me. Hahahha my uncle is turning into a tomato hahaha.

He was smiling crazily!

She must be the lawyer!

She told us to sit so we did.
"I'm Your Parents' s Lawyer, Ms. Ynna Kim. It's my pleasure finally meeting you " she said.

She extended her hand and my uncle accepted it.

"Beige, Beige Byun. Brother of Anna Byun Bae." he said. I can't stop myself from smiling. They look so cute together.

"I'm Sofia Irene Bae. Mr. And Mrs. Bae's daughter. "i said as I accepted her hand. She nodded.

"So how old are you now Ms. Bae? " she asked.

"I'm 20 year old." i answered. She nodded.

"oh that's good." she timidly replied. I look at my uncle confusingly. He just shrugged.

The food had arrived. I've notice that it is alot for 3 people.

"Uhm.  I'm so sorry to asked this but why are we not starting yet? Are we still waiting for someone? " I asked as I look at the 3 vacant chairs on out table.

"Oh, i'm sorry for not informing you Ms. Bae. But we need to wait for The Kims to attend since they are involved in this Will too." she explained.

"Kims?!" i almost raised my voice.

"Yes. The Kims, they are your father's close friends. What's the matter Ms. Bae?" she said.

Please not them.. Tell me it's not---

"Good day Mr and Mrs Kim!" My Uncle and Ms. Ynna greeted.

"Good day. We're sorry for being late. The traffic was so--"

"It's okay. We're just early. Come on, sit." i heard my uncle offered. I still didn't raise my head. What if it's them?! What if he's with them?!

We eventually starts eating..

My uncle elbowed me.
"What?!" i whispered.

"What's wrong with you? You look like a fool trying to hide your face with the Menu. Put that down!" he told me.

"fine!" i answered. I took a deep breath before placing the menu down.

"Sofia, hi!" Drake's Mom greeted me. She was seated beside Mr. Kim.

"He..hello ma'am. It was nice seeing you again." I said.

"It's been a year right? We've never seen you since that party. How are you?" she said.. Good thing he wasn't here. Hoo! Thanks God!

"You know them Irene?" My uncle asked. He was surprised.

"Yes. I've met them--"

"Yes, she is my son's girlfriend. We've met last year on--"

"GIRLFRIEND?!" My uncle suddenly said due to shock.

"Oppss. Was that supposed to be a secret? I'm so sorry." his mom said before laughing together with her husband.

"Uncle it's not what you--"i didn't had the chance to explain when his mom interjected again.

"Children now a days are so secretive when it comes to their relationships, right hon?" His mom added.

"Don't be mad at him Mr. Byun. It's a good thing that those two had already built up a relationship before the wedding.." Ms. Ynna interjected when she saw my uncle glaring at me.

"WEDDING?!" now it's my time to be shocked.

Ms. Ynna nodded.
"Yes, your parents' wanted you to marry your father's bestfriend's Son, Kim Drake Taehyung. "she said. I was so shock to hear that. What the!! This is not happening!! No!! No way!

"This is a joke right?!" i asked. Drakes mom gave me a confused look.

"Irene. Calm down." i heard my uncle said. Calm down?! How the hell can I calm down???

"Ms. Ynna can you explain it further?"uncle asked her.

"Yes. Mr. Bae and Kim agreed to set their eldest Daughter and Son into an arrange marriage. And it also says here that Ms. Sofie Bae can't get her inheritance until she marry Mr. Kim's son. The moment she turns 21 would be the time to marry Mr. kim's son so this is the right time Mr. Byun." Ms. Ynna explained. No.....

I felt someone held my hand above the table.

"I know you were shock about this but.. We really need your help iha." His mom said. She look so sad.

"He..help?" i asked. She nodded as she look at Ms. Ynna.

"Once you too got married, the Kims can now get the support stocks coming from the Bae's Marketing and Bae's Airline to save their company from bankruptcy. "Ms. Ynna added. What? I widen my eyes.

"Bankruptcy?" i asked. Drake's dad nodded.

"I know this is a really big thing to asked Sofia. I don't want to loose my Company.. I invested so much.. I went through alot just to put up this business.. Your dad knows that..that's why we decided to help each other... the reason why we arrange you two is to make our connection stronger.. So we can help each other anytime." his dad explained.