HE'S OBSESSED.

Trent stood over me and said, "Something is different about you. If you weren't already pregnant, I'd have suspected that you are now."

She passed me a cup of mango juice. We were all in a private beach. The girls had decided to arrange a beach party and I'd invited Dave along. I sipped my juice and pushed my sunglasses down to the bridge of my nose.

"Nothing is different," I said.

The girls were all looking at me now.

"Start talking," Trent demanded.

"Okay," I said and smiled. "Chike sleeps over now."

"What?" Dave asked and sat upright in his lounge chair. "You didn't tell me anything about a new development."

"That's because we are doing it for the baby. You guys are going to make a big deal out of it."

"So you're not back together?" Zola asked.

"No, he wants to be around the baby at all times. It's like he's obsessed," I said.

"With you," Bym finished.

"No, the baby," I corrected her.

"Why not make it work then? Make it real," Amaka said.

"I don't know about that."

"Do you have sex with him?" Dave was quick to ask.

"No. We sleep in the same bed and he connects with the baby, that's just it."

"If this isn't some kind of torture then I don't know what is," Trent said and rolled her eyes.

"You do know you need sex though, don't you?" Zola asked.

"I don't want to think about that right now," I said.

"Alright then." Bym said, "Who wants some diced pineapple?"

I got a bowl of diced pineapple as Dave passed one to me. His chair was beside mine and he moved closer to me.

"Is he trying to get you back or he's just there for the baby?" he asked.

"It's for the baby. Though, I don't know how things will be after I break up with Yah on Monday."

"The day of his photoshoot?"

"Yes."

"Is that a good timing?"

"I think it is. I'll be dressing him for the magazine cover and when he talks about our relationship in the interview, he'll let it slip that we broke up due to irreconcilable differences. He'll then end it with how we're still very good friends."

"That's good, at least that chapter is closed. It came with too much drama."

"Right?"

"Yea. Do you want Chike back?"

"If he wants me back."

"Don't you think it's time you told him how you feel? You should be back together by now, it's taking forever."

"He could take it the wrong way, since he might think I'm trying to get back with him because I broke up with Yah. There's a way his mind works, he always thinks the worse of me."

"He's a fool for that and he doesn't deserve you with that kind of mindset."

"Maybe I'm the one who doesn't deserve him."

"I don't know about that."

"What are you guys talking about? Dave, I need you to be my partner, we're having a tug of war," Zola said and took Dave's hand. He stood with her, and I watched them join Bym and Amaka at the other end of the rope.