ALL MAKE BELIEVE.

When I got into the office the following day and didn't see Dave by his desk, I called Lola in and asked about him. She said he had called in sick. Since working for me for over five years, Dave had never called in sick. I called his number but he wasn't responding, so I sent him a text wishing him speedy recovery.

I got a DSLR camera from my bookshelf and took few pictures from my sketching pad. I'd worked all night sketching designs for Agnes. I hoped she liked one of the several sketches because there was no time to waste deliberating. I transferred the pictures to my computer and sent them to the mail address Agnes had provided.

I went to the room where the seamstresses worked and picked the material I was going to use in styling the dresses. I found a green and black patterned material and went with it. I walked back to my office and checked the mail I got from Agnes, she'd picked one of the sketches. It was a wrap dress with plunging neckline and a long, side slit. The dress was going to be fitted with long sleeves, that would tone down all the thigh and cleavage that was going to be exposed. I sent her a reminder for her and her friends' measurements.

I was on the phone speaking to an old client about their booking when Lola came into my office. I ended the call on a cheery note and motioned for her to speak.

"Mr. Ben Jonathan is waiting in the conference room," Lola said.

"I'll be right there."

I checked my compact mirror to see if I looked presentable, and I looked good. I was glad I decided to wear a gray, check suit that morning. I smiled slightly as I walked into the conference room and saw Ben Jonathan and some guy dressed in ripped jeans and ripped jeans shirt. I went over and shook their hands firmly before taking a seat facing them.

"Thanks for coming," I said. "What can we do for you at Styled Up?" I asked in a warm voice. I needed their approval so I turned on my charm.

"I'm going to cut to the chase," Ben said.

"Alright," I replied.

Ben pushed his glasses farther up his nose and spoke, "This is Kerry Bello's label mate, Lil Don." He pointed to the guy sitting beside him that I'd shaken earlier and I nodded. "You're going to start styling Kerry Bello, but first," He shifted closer, his elbows on the table. "You have to agree to another deal."

"Really?"

"Yea. We are trying to change the perception of Lil Don here to the general public. We want to give him a new look, new attitude and a new relationship." I wondered how that concerned me when Ben paused before continuing. "What we really want to do is break into a certain demographic and a specific fan base, the morally upright one. We need to get their attention and we'll only be able to do that by giving them what they mostly respond to."

"That sounds great."

"It does. You'll also be styling him, we want him in suits and brogues. The look we're going for is smart, confident and mature but you can throw in an occasional street styling. That's not really all you'll be doing."

Ben paused like he was getting ready for a dramatic revelation. I was just glad to be getting two more clients to my firm.

When I nodded, he continued, "We need you to pretend to date him for few months."

"Wow." I blinked rapidly. "If I don't agree then I lose your artists?" I asked. I knew that was what was on the table. Deal or no deal. I rarely got deals of this kind but they came nonetheless.

"You do. You don't have to date him, it's all make believe. We only need to change the way the general public perceives him. We're going to make him a changed man, and every changed man needs the right woman for optics. You're gorgeous, successful and talented, you'll make all the good people love him again."